Dead Space

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Bobo - yeah, I really liked that movie. I still get the chills when I think about the scene where they watch the video of the captain killing everybody and then speaking in latin.

Gunny - I thought the game was going to be released today?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I remember watching Event Horizon in the theater. I've seen many scary movies in the theater, even starting back when I was a little kid and loved being scared. But for some reason, EH had the audience more frightened and disturbed than any movie I'd ever seen.

People were freaking the **** out :lol: Totally awesome :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

US - 14th
    Australia - 23rd
    Europe - 24th

According to IGN.

I've never seen Event Horizon, I must look into it.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Ok, so me and a friend went to find this game yesterday. After going to four places, we went to Gamestop as soon as they opened. They tell us because it was released yesterday, it was being shipped yesterday, and that it will be here today. We were so pissed.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am in the same boat. This was one of the first movies I went and saw on my own...if memory serves me right...anyways, it freaked me out pretty good, but then I watched it at home and it didnt have the same affect. But damn at the movies I was wierded out.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I borrowed the movie last night, I haven't watched it yet.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I had the exact same reaction from the theater to home. I thought the lesser home reaction was simply because I'd already seen it....but other movies have not seemed to be that way I don't think.

Gunny, the movie requires surround sound. And on that note, I still don't have surround sound for the house.....isn't it about to be 2009? :bonk2: Guess that partly explains my first paragraph.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Then I better wait. The surround sound isn't set up yet.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Me and my friend beat it last night in a marathon play. It's a good, solid game that won't get the attention it deserves because it's going to be overshadowed by games that are established. Gameplay and level design are quite good, graphics are decent to good (depending on where you are), and the story is solid (like others have said, I got definite Event Horizon vibes at the beginning and other places).

Just a word to the wise, and this might not apply to all, but this game isn't THAT scary. Most of the jumps for me came in the beginning (simply moving too fast around a corner). However, it's a genuinely unsettling game at times, even though I find the creatures pretty silly looking at times.

8.5/10

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I rented it and beat the 1st chapter yesterday. Not bad, kinda interesting. A little like BioShock, not as hard though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar