Defending Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

100% agree. Power backs are easy to find so no excuse to not have one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This is true but we must also remember that these long runs are either scoring or putting the offense in scoring position. On a team with few bona-fide big play makers this is an invaluable asset not a liability.

There are plenty of guys who can consistently get your team "decent" yardage but jut because they keep your offense on schedule that doesn't mean it will necessarily lead to points. For a more concrete example would you rather take a CJ home run or the possibility that Locker will convert on third down multiple times on a long drive? I'll take the points every time, yards don't win games .

It might seem extreme but the way some guys (not you Ensconatus) on this forum talk they would rather have Antwaan Smith than CJ. For a board that hates Fisher so damn much the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" mentality is pretty prevalent on here.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I don't mind having CJ around... (I've got his freaking jersey for Christ sakes) but when he isn't hitting... He just isn't hitting. And right now we have zero reliable back ups or spell backs. A change if pace is need on this team... that wasted ass draft pick on Harper?? Send him and his dance moves the **** home.

Now to answer your question, always the points. Always. But some ability to garner more than a three and out is needed also. CJ won't get as many carries if the Offense isn't on the field.. A committee back field would give him that breather. That slight more explosiveness. Plus it would force the defenses to key differently and have to think about... Well who is in the field.. Causes hiccups in the defense.

I'm just asking for a solid back that can produce yards in a down hill fashion. If CJ gets hot in a game... Don't pull him out, but if the other cat is pounding it and keeping us on the field, getting first downs... Please continue, drop CJ in for the occasional speed test and see what happens. Locker is going to need some serious help from the run game to be effective next season.. And yes the line of course needs revamping

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I gave away my CJ jersey to some random Titans fan

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That's a totally rational view point, exactly why I excluded you. I really just used your comment as a platform to express something that's been bugging me about this board. Some around here act as if CJ sucks or something. It's baffling.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I had a signed one that I think I accidently threw away when I moved. That'll make me happy when he's in the HOF.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Ugh, why not me lol?

8. Clark

I'm 50/50 on CJ and the line. If we push for some serious FA help and draft a youngin early... I want to see some CJ2k games. Not cj2ypc... That still doesn't make it any different that we need a reliable 2nd

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK, you didn't ask for it when I was mad one day, the other guy wanted it so he got it

10. Clark

Yo brave... I just noticed while lookin at your post numbers... We got the same birthday. Well, you're two years older but whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar