Defense Defense and ......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanMark, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am ready to go QB in first round, we should not have this problem year in and year out. QB is the most important position on the team and we never have the same one start and finish the same season! Last year that happened was 2002!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I just don't understand what happened to our outside LB's... They were the backbone of the defense last season. Ayers and Brown have all but disappeared this year. Am I wrong?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1: Incompetent coaches
    #2: Awful scheme
    #3: No identity
    #4: No QB

Those 4 things will ruin any team and we are lucky enough to have all four!!!

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

atleast nate got a couple catches.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Brett Hundley!

6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Not wrong at all. You know who the backbone of this defense is? Not that we really have any right now but if i had to pick any. Are DT and CB. Verner and Casey are the only ones playing at a high level. Really impressed with Casey this year, the kid is only 23 and he's dominating the interior of the line. If hes not getting a sack hes constantly getting pressure and collapsing the pocket for the other guys. Now if we only had consistent pass rushing DE to compliment him like we did back in 07-08 with KVB we'd be in good shape. Verner is a ball hawk, always around the ball very rarely gets beats deep. Sound tackler, shows up every game and does his job. Everybody else plays when they want to and it shows. Until everybody starts playing like these two guys are defense is never going to get off the field.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I still believe in this defense. Even the offense looked good most of last night. Its those FCKNING special team plays that keep coming back to haunt us. :wall:

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'd like Texas A&M's Mike Evans in the draft. Washington is probably at the end of his career, Brittle will be gone, and that leaves... ? I think Wright, Hunter, and Evans would make a killer WR core.

Either him or C.J. Mosley.

I give Locker one more year. If he can't get through the season AGAIN, then we should have a decent enough pick to snag a quality QB. If he does get through the season, then I think he can be a franchise QB. I just don't see many good QBs being left after the Faguars, Bucs, Cows, Raiders, and Vikings pick before us. And I'm sure the Browns will trade up to get their future QB as well.

The unfortunate reality is that we're not going to lose every game from here on out, so we're not going to be in any position to snag one of the stud QBs. At best I'd say McCarron falls to us, but even though I love me some Alabama football, I don't particularly care to see AJ in a Titans uniform.

9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I wish i could bud but i cant. We're so inconsistent especially with our run defense its nauseating it really is. Your not going to win any games if you cant stop the run and we cant. 28th against the run says it all. Just look at the pattern after our 3-1 start. Cheifs 108,Seahawks 154,San Fran 138,Rams 127,Indy 133. The Jags had under 60 but MJD gashed us on their opening drive and that was enough to rattle us. It seems like when we really need a stop we cant get off the field its demoralizing to watch as a fan, i can only imagine how the players feel on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar