Defensive End a Big Need Going into Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

haynesworth alone is scary...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If we want a DE in the first round, there will be several good ones left when we pick, including Adams, Okoye, Anderson and Carriker. After Mario was taken first last year, and really didn't prove it was a valid pick, teams may not be willing to use their first pick for a DE. I believe we will though, as we really need one. WR's can be found in later rounds, unless you are able to get CJ, the rest aren't worth a 1st round pick. I also think we take an OLB early.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

what are you smoking, there is a chance none of them will be there when we pick, definatly not adams and okoye, probably not even anderson or carriker, i dont know where your basing your information but there is a chance all 4 of those guys could go in the top 15 and 3 of the 4 could go in the top 10...

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

People are quick to cite that our defense was 32nd LAST YEAR. Let's look at why. Our first five games, we were atrocious. Our offense couldn't get a first down. Our defense played bad, but they were also on the field for 3/4 of the games. The stat buildup at that point was so much that it would take a miracle to come back. The last half of the season (when we started scoring points), our defense got a lot better, but they couldn't overcome the hole that they were already put in the first 5-8 games.

Now, do we think we can move the ball this year? As of now, we have no running back (don't give me that LenDale crap.. I'm not risking my season on a lazy, unproven back) and no decent receiver (jones is all potential no production to this point and hasn't shown signs of ever being a number 1). But we have Vince Young! Wrong answer. Vince can't do it all. He desperately needs help. If we don't take a receiver and running back (or sign/trade for one), we are in deep trouble no matter how many picks we spend on defense. We put ourselves in this situation. Let's see if we can get out of it. My guess is it'll take another year to make a playoff push now.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well thankfully it isn't YOUR season.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Anderson is a DE which is on the outside. Not a DT so he will not be inside just letting you know.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thank you. This is all that needs to be said regarding DE, even if it has to be stated over and over again for those who don't get it the first time.

Great if a stud falls to us at #19, or we trade down to #30. But the meat of the DE position, value-wise, is in the 2nd.

If you can believe Reinfeldt's comments about situational guys, you can easily see a DE being selected from round 2 to 4, where there will still be some pass rushers and high-motors to be found.

Even Jamal Anderson, if he were to fall to us at #19, has the knock of being good at only one technique. You can't just force a pick at a spot because you rate it highest. That's preposterous. (I can see the advocates of Charles Johnson or Anthony Spencer at #19 rising up now.)

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I certainly understand the problems with where we're sitting for DE, and will understand if we wait until 2nd round, but if we like Anderson or Carriker, I'd rather move up. CB, WR, and DT will also be available in later rounds, I think we'd get better round 1 value from DE. With CB and DT, we've got acceptable starters, and are really drafting for depth. I understand if we pull the trigger on WR, but I think we'll get a lot better a lot faster by upgrading DE than WR.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

your welcome

:yes:

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Jamaal Anderson is choice one but after that I don't think we should reach we should take Chris Houston or Aaron Ross.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar