DeMeco Ryans - MLB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

greenway and ryans are falling................they are both alot slower than advertised...............i dont think either one will amount to much.............Saleem Rasheed who had alot better skills than ryans and better numbers fell to two to SF and he has dont nothing in the show.........my bet is ryans busts............the kid from Vandy Osemegie has better speed and would be an ideal fit a MLB alot lower................

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wonder how the Titans are on Thomas Howard. His name hasn't been mentioned in the same sentence as ours since the Senior Bowl. He seems to be climbing slowly up some draft boards. I have to wonder if we take a LB that can play the outside and shuffle our players, like move Thornton to the middle. Hasn't it been said he can play there if need be?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Greenway and Ryans will be OK because of their instincts but they might not be great. The MLB at Miami isn't real fast either so good instincts can go along way. Sirmon was decent before his injury.

I do agree that a guy like Osemegie could be a real sleeper and a guy who we could get in the 6th or 7th round. Thats is why I don't see us going MLB the first day. I see OT as a better possibility.

4. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Osemwegie is a beast but he was originally recruited for safety in college and could easily convert back to a safety with enough work. He definitely would be a great second day value pick

5. I still feel that we should take Jackson with our 2nd round pick, if we don't get Jackson in the 2nd, with our 4th or 3rd if we get one, we could get Ryans.

He is not slow, just not fast

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm with Soxcat, I think we should take a long hard look at the OT's that are still on the board, I think there's going to be some good talent there.

A MLB in my opinion isn't that important to our team, hell I'm almost inclined to think Sirmon and Reynolds are good enough for the position.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bongo...

Since speed is so important to you at this position can i then assume that you consider jon alston to be the top linebacker? His 4.4 40 was the best at the combine. AJ hawk only ran a 4.59. So hawk's 4.59 is no problem but ryan's 4.62 time is slowwww?

Comparing ryans to rasheed just because rasheed was also a bama guy is quite lame. Bama has sent a boatload of backers to the nfl. Some all time greats like cornelius bennett and derrick thomas and some busts. So what's the point?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many linebackers in this draft...???

...have their college degree? Had a 3.5 grade point average? Were academic all american's?

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A 3.5 in what though ? :p

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar