Dexter Season 7

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 1, 2012.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Did anyone watch last night?
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I did.

(riveting conversation)
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Best episode in at least 3 seasons I thought. I did not care for either of the last two seasons at all. What is it with Showtime shows always going downhill?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I watched it. Pretty excited for this season to be honest. Wasn't really a fan of last season
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Agreed. Hated season 5, and the only thing that saved season 6 was the ending - long overdue.

I'm still a little skeptical about this season though... I feel like it will end up really repetitive each episode with the Dexter/Deb conflict.
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

In contrast with another great episode from the supremely excellent Homeland series that followed, last night's Dexter was another shining example of a show that could be good but is instead held back by preposterous story conveniences and story redundancies repeated ad-nauseum. This show should have ended with the wife dead in the bathtub a few seasons back. Instead they insist on taking us everywhere we've been before. Ugh..

Meanwhile Claire Danes continues to put on an acting exhibition that other dramas all should be learning from...
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I liked last night's episode quite a bit. But I tend to agree with Cruds to an extent. American television is always letting shows go on too long. If a show is a hit then you can bet your last dollar we're going to spread it so thin until it's a shell of its former self. This is when you get absurd storylines and new characters that just don't fit.

Dexter should've wrapped up by season 4, 5 at the latest. And I personally think this "Deb revelation" should've happened a looooong time ago. I've been waiting for this, which is the main reason I'm still excited about this season.
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I stopped watching after the first season. Once the second started, I got tired of it.
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I forgive them dragging it on because of two things...

they totally dropped the debra love interest

it worked tonight where the teases before didn't. also helps that it is ON next episode, the tease is over.

I watch Homeland and find it enjoyable, but I don't see how anyone could find Homeland less ridiculous in plot convenience than Dexter. Claire Danes is great and Morena Baccarin is one of the hottest women on the planet. But it is as ludicrous as Dexter in believability.
  10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Have never seen homeland. Is it worth the watch?