Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Dexter

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,052
    I'm sure there are many big Dexter fans on here. I, for one, love the show. Before the beginning of the summer, I had only seen season 1... and that was almost three years ago. Now I've finished the first 4 seasons. I'm not sure there's ever been a show I've gotten so hooked on... and there've been a lot of addictive shows (24, Weeds, Breaking Bad, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc).

I kept hearing that the seasons just keep getting better and that I needed to start back up, so I caught the second season on Netflix stream before they took the show off completely. Then I borrowed season 3 and 4 from a friend. The seasons were definitely getting better IMO and Lithgow's performance in season 4 was incredible. That was my favorite one.

I just have a question about season 5. I've heard from a friend (who loves the show just as much as me) that the 5th season was flat out bad due to horrendous acting and directing.

I just want to gather some opinions from those of you who have seen the 5th season. I'll probably watch it either way, but I'm wondering if I should buy it when it's on sale for like $25 or wait a long time until it's down to like $10-15.

Obviously, no spoilers whatsoever, please.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,663
    Season 5 was fraught with preposterous story-lines, laughable scenarios and various instances of horrendous acting. Just like Season 1-4.
    That's Dexter. Season 5 was really no different (and actually significantly less irritating than the English "girlfriend" bit in Season 2).
    I suspect Season 6 will be the same. I'll be there with popcorn.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,663
    I hear James Edward Olmos is this years antagonist aka "the other serial killer in town".
    Just about finished watching the complete run of BSG for the first time in a few years.
    Talk about a great ******* show..
    1 people high five this.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,009
    I wouldn't bother buying it. Just watch it on sidereel.com for free!
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,052
    Every site I've ever used for watching TV shows attacks my computer with virus threats, plus the quality was never good. Of course, I'm on my Mac now, but I doubt that'll change that.

I like owning seasons of TV shows that I love. I own the first 7 seasons of 24, all of Seinfeld, all of The Office, all of Breaking Bad, and half of Curb. If 24 and The Office were on stream before I owned all the seasons, I would never have bought all of those, but it's whatever.
  4. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    dexters aight but that dexter actor guy isnt that good of an actor... he has the same akward broken voice in the dodge commercials, he kinda annoying. as long as i get my blood n guts in it dont really matter tho
  5. Ryudo The wall crusher!

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $367
    Love this show one of my faves. only 3 was kinda meh. Rest are great and season 2 still the best IMO.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,009
    Michael C. Hall isn't a great actor, but he plays Dexter to a T.
  7. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,009
    If you're dead set on buying it don't buy it in the store.

Amazon should be your number choice for DVDs. You'll always save at least $5, even having to pay for shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Season...7GRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314832762&sr=8-1
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,052
    Thanks for the tip, but I'm actually king of buying DVDs and games on sale.

I bought the first four seasons of Dexter for a total of $65 (after tax) and got a $10 Best Buy gift card along with them. I won't buy the 5th season 'till it drops to at least $19.99.

I love Amazon, but Best Buy is a better option many times. You've just got to watch for sales.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.