Did Bulluck call out Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

last week we all discussed bullucks comments about vince starting...some thought he shouldn't undermine the coach's decision...some thought he was justified in his public comments...then we find out that fisher partially based his decision to start vince on the support of the teams leaders and vets (no doubt bulluck being one of them)....

now that bulluck is showing a public lack of faith for schwartz, could this mean more to come? i hope so...fire schwartz and have jeff fisher or mcginnis take over the D...

2. well its obvious that what schwartz is telling them to do isnt working, and its a darn good thing that the players recognize it instead of just going along and saying that we are getting better, but we need more of this, and i dont expect hope to say anything because he just got here

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I know it seems like a lot of people want him gone, but is it even feasible to do in the middle of a season? I dont know if I have ever heard of a DC getting fired after 4 games into the season.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Mcginnis could step right in and I don't think we would have a problem. How much worse could it be? We are 0-4 with we can sure as hell go 0-12 without him.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

shoot.....living near DC I watch virtually all the skins games just to reminisce about when greg williams was here. It actually makes me wonder if fish was the defensive wizard I thought he was or just floating on the wings of giants like greg williams and buddy ryan

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

The Titans defense has given up 121 points in 4 games with the talent of Pacman, Bulluck, Thornton, KVB, Albert, and Hope playing full force. There isn't a lack of talent there. You have at least 2 players on each level of D that are extremely talented. I seriously think that Cortland should be in that list of talents real soon. The defense isn't functioning right. There is no harmony. Unless it's an all out blitz, the RB breaks loose or the pass is completed. Did anyone notice that most of the second half in the Dallas game, T.O. switched sides and took advantage of Hill's failures? If I were the DC, I would have had Pacman glued to T.O. all game. Hill and Thompson were exploited by Glenn so bad, it wasn't even watchable at times. Hopefully, Fisher was listening to Bulluck during his interview. I think that having anyone step up would be better than keeping a coach in there that doesn't demand the respect and loyalty from the players. If it's anyone on the team that has the "voice" to get something done, it's Bulluck. Jimmie's time is up, IMO. I don't care if it's 4 games into the season. The only way to turn it around is to get the mindset that it's 0-0 and you have as much of a shot at winning as the next guy. The Titans are playing from a losing streak and you can't win when you think that you are a loser.

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Yep Hope and Bulluck rank 1st and 3rd respectively in total tackles in the NFL.

I think Bulluck should make all of our decisions from now on. First the Vince starting thing and now this, which is pretty much directed towards Shortz. Bulluck/Hope 08.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bravo Keith Bulluck. At least someone is taking control of this team.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Yeah, Bulluck is my man and all, but it's not all scheme, I've seen him miss a bunch of tackles every game, or get blocked out by some tiny azzed fullback. My point is, some of these guys just don't seem to care anymore, and I think that this whole thing is wearing on KB too, and it's reflecting in his play as well as his comments. And if I see one more defensive end (KVB, TL, AO) or outside linebacker (KB, DT) chase down the line only to have the ball come behind them on a bootleg or reverse I am going to drive down to Nashville and smack them all, including JS (JS just because, the rest b/c that end around **** is corny and to continually get caught by it as a pro, is simplistic)

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It doesn't matter how we got here, but how we get back. No players are riding with Schwartz.

Fisher- either he goes or you both go.

Chow- you're next if your offense doesn't kick up some production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar