Diehard fans should hope we lose out...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I can't want the Titans to lose, but I'll admit I'm in a weird position with Fisher now. I've defended him for years, but I've thought his handling of VY this year has been really poor. Some of his comments have made him seem almost as immature as Vince - he's the wily, stable head coach and I expect better from him. Beyond that when Reese left this became Fisher's team, and he has increasingly left me scratching my head on game days.

I've moved to the dark side with him, and I'd like the Titans to move on. If we win out, win the SB with Rusty then great - he'll probably wind up in Dallas next year on his own. He can save face, Bud can avoid an ugly coach firing. If we lose out, then I'd be disappointed but hopeful that at least Fisher would be gone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5-5. One game out of the division lead and we have FIVE division games left.

Yeah, I hope we lose out.

:rolleyes:

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You play to win the game

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah it's a weird feeling right now. I can't NOT root for the Titans. But at the same time, I don't want to see Fisher eek out yet another "just good enough to not get fired" record.

I truly believe this team is going to have to move past both Fisher and Young to ever raise up the Lombardi trophy. Vince's heart doesn't seem to be totally in it and he can't stay healthy. Jeff is stuck in 1985 or something. Each year the game is passing him by more and more. He's either unequipped or too stubborn to adapt. Which means he either isn't as good of a coach as many people believe or he puts his massive ego ahead of what's best for the team. Either way, the team and the fans lose.

Still, as long as the playoffs are a remote possibility I definitely want us to win each and every game. Once we're out of it though, nothing would make me happier than seeing Fisher on a one way flight out of Nashville. And if that means losing every game from that point on, so be it.

6. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

We're one game out of the lead why would we want our team to lose? We can beat all the teams in our division if Tennessee comes to play. Its time for CJ to do his thing, we need him more then ever now

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. DJB

DJB Starter

I don't think some people understand what the word "Diehard" means

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm in a weird place too with recent events. I'm not rooting for us to lose, I've never done that, but deep down I don't really care if we lose. I just think it's imperative that something changes and the only thing that will force Bud's hand is losing. I've followed this franchise for a long time and this is the first time that I feel drastic change may be the only thing that gets us back on track.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I just went ahead and fixed it for ya :D

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

*Please High Five this for me*

I couldn't have said that better myself. It's a weird time for us right now. It kinda feels like somebody died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar