Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, Nov 6, 2014.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's what the first news site I popped up in google said at least.
  2. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

[​IMG]

Sorry, Couldn't resist.
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS The secret is the meat! Staff

I like Brian Johnson well enough, comes from the old Slade school (Geordie was all but a clone) but the band got one great album out of him in 30 years- and that album was written mostly when Bon was still alive and utterly influenced by his death. ALL of the Bon records were great.

Bon was 100% Rock n Roll. A god. Unlike that hobbit from Canada..

[​IMG]
  4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I am biased because Bon Scott is who was the singer when I started listening to them. But to me, AC/DC with Scott IS AC/DC. Is Back in Black a great album? Yes. But compare all the albums that Scott was a part of with those of Johnson...like Crud said, doesn't hold a candle. With Scott, they were a dangerous band. Scott wouldn't beat you up...he would sneak up behind you, cold cock you and then steal your girl. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian Johnson. But Scott was the man.

Same with VH. David Lee was a douche, not a great singer...but for me, original Van Halen still the best by far.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

That rule applies to 70's Rock in general. The originals always trump the replacements.
    Have you read the AC/DC biography? Their story can never be repeated.
  6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Have not read it, but they've been on Stern a few times. I remember years ago in high school going to the theater to see a concert doc on them. Still glad to say I saw them with Scott. When they are on Stern, it is awesome. Both Johnson and Angus Young are really open and honest...and funny as hell.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

The book is great. I've been a fan since the Bon days but there is so mcuh cool stuff that I didn't know..
  8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'll have to look for the book!