Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's what the first news site I popped up in google said at least.

2. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

[​IMG]

Sorry, Couldn't resist.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I like Brian Johnson well enough, comes from the old Slade school (Geordie was all but a clone) but the band got one great album out of him in 30 years- and that album was written mostly when Bon was still alive and utterly influenced by his death. ALL of the Bon records were great.

Bon was 100% Rock n Roll. A god. Unlike that hobbit from Canada..

[​IMG]

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I am biased because Bon Scott is who was the singer when I started listening to them. But to me, AC/DC with Scott IS AC/DC. Is Back in Black a great album? Yes. But compare all the albums that Scott was a part of with those of Johnson...like Crud said, doesn't hold a candle. With Scott, they were a dangerous band. Scott wouldn't beat you up...he would sneak up behind you, cold cock you and then steal your girl. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian Johnson. But Scott was the man.

Same with VH. David Lee was a douche, not a great singer...but for me, original Van Halen still the best by far.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That rule applies to 70's Rock in general. The originals always trump the replacements.
    Have you read the AC/DC biography? Their story can never be repeated.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Have not read it, but they've been on Stern a few times. I remember years ago in high school going to the theater to see a concert doc on them. Still glad to say I saw them with Scott. When they are on Stern, it is awesome. Both Johnson and Angus Young are really open and honest...and funny as hell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The book is great. I've been a fan since the Bon days but there is so mcuh cool stuff that I didn't know..

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'll have to look for the book!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar