Do We Have Enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Do we have enough talent on our roster right now to win the superbowl next season?

For me, I think our offense can get it done for sure, defense remains to be seen.

I do think we have more talent than the Giants did last season..

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think we have the talent at the right positions on defense to get it done. You need to rush the passer. Does Wimbley and Martin improve that pass rush enough to go from 28th in sacks to the top 12? I doubt it.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

weren't the pats pretty far down the sacks list?

And I know they were last in defense

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Did they win the Super Bowl? That was the main question, right?

Unless you make your money by having a completely fluke season and get an abnormal amount of turnovers on defense like the Saints did, you need to be more than average on defense. OR have the best QB in the NFL, which we don't.

Just looked up the sack stats for 2011. The Pats were 14th.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think we have the talent, but I don't know about the experience.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Eli > Hasselbeck

Bradshaw < CJ

Nicks, Cruz, Manningham > Britt, a rookie, Washington

Tight Ends a Push

Overall Defensive Talent Giants

Tuck, Kiwaunka, Rolle, Phillips, Pierre-Paul, Osi > Wimbley, Ball, McCourty, Griffin, Witherspoon ... I mean cmon I'm stretching for defensive names now

Kickers a push; Bironas better but has he won a Superbowl and come up clutch in the post-season like Tynes?

I mean I dont really see that at all ... actually not even close.

Coaching: Coughlin > Munchak

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Exactly. I think we clearly have enough to get into the playoffs. From there, its just a question of who gets hot.

Could Locker go on a tear and lead this team to a title? Possible sure. But unlikely, given his inexperience. I see 2013 as the year our title window truly opens.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I think we have the talent on Offense but the Defensive side of the ball is really lacking. No.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I believe our pass rush will be greatly improved in 2012. Morgan's production picked up at the tail end of last season, and Wimbley was always a producer out in Oakland. Martin adds depth. Casey and Klug proved last year that they can be very disruptive in the middle. We've also have some free agents who could thrive in a rotational role in our system.

I believe our defense is young. And unproven. I don't however, think that it is untalented.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't know. If we had Kenny Britt and the running game going last year, we could've gone all the way.

I think we have enough to make the playoffs and win a game or two. Anything more than that would truly be amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar