Do we really need a #1 WR? A look back at 1999.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you eberry..

When people on this board talk about a #1 WR i hardly think they are talking about kevin curtis(A former rams #3), jerico crotch-rot, bobby engram or bernard berrian.

I think steve smith is definitely one, and maybe even donald driver and chris chambers but in any given year that list is never more than 15-16 players and a few teams have 2 of them.

If we wanted a certain #1 type we should have traded to get one..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Looking back i think we did the right thing drafting lavelle hawkins. The difference between him and the Wrs taken in the earlier rounds is tiny. I'll take hawkins over donnie avery and the rams took him early in the 2nd rd. what were they thinking? The rams 4th rd pick keenan burton might end up the better player..

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I personally think Hawkins was a bit of a steal...good value

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, what's with that??

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

true..but not rally...they had branch ..who if not considered a number one was def a lot closer to a number one than anything we got...they also had brady who when was given a #1 went crazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar