Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Does Rusty make the 53 man???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $1,062
    @jwyattsports: Rusty Smith is still practice squad eligible and Munchak said team might not be able to keep 3 QBs #Titans
    nbtoppers2 and The Hammer high five this.
  2. Mberglo Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $325
    I guess I don't understand why Rusty has made the 53 man roster ever. Why would you carry three QBs, if you can easily stash one on the PS and promote when/if needed? He hasn't been a QB, he's been a 1st string clipboard holder. This is not a knock on Rusty, it applies to any 3rd QB.

Only possible answer is risk management, considering you could injure two QBs in one game.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    Munchak said today that Rusty IS eligible for the PS. Why the hell hasn't be been there his whole career!?
    nbtoppers2 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,150
    I think youre only allowed to have 8
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    Thing is, Rusty can go to anyone's practice squad as teams can outbid each other for those players. Someone who is shaky at QB right now (Jets) might pay him a lot more and he'd be crazy not to take it.
  5. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165
    I don't see us keeping Mooney over Johnson at FB.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,335
    Man, I've constantly liked what I've seen from Money Mooney. I am not impressed with Johnson at all as a FB. Seems like he goes half hard. Mooney has been good but I guess there is a situation there where he is the weaker/lesser of the two...

Regardless if mooney can't make this team, just cut Johnson too. I'd rather have neither than Johnson.
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,165

I actually like Thompson as a blocker so I'd be ok with letting Quinn and Mooney go too.
    nytitaner high fives this.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,335
    Word Thompson is a freakin road grader.
  9. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146

I thought it was only eligible to players with 3 years or less. Did they change it in the CBA?