Does the Locker era have

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryudo, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Let's not forget despite last year CJ has more talent than Eddie ever did. As much as I love eddie. True he had a heart of a champion. Locker seems to maybe have talent on par if not better than steve and he seems like a smart kid unlike VY. VY is very physically gifted. Just not the brain to match. If Britt can stay healthy for the rest of his career. He has the talent to be a top 5 WR. Nate is solid. If Wright lives up. We got ourselves a great WR core. D is the real question. D needs to prove itself more than anyone IMO

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think Locker is ready the lack of defense is the main issue for me we need to get better there to start playing locker.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yes. We should sit on Locker until everything is absolutely perfect. Until the defense is on par with the steel curtain, and the line, receivers, and backs are all pro caliber, we should keep Locker on the bench. We wouldn't want his confidence to get a boo-boo.

:sarcasm:

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

This team is by FAR the most talented we have ever had (on offense). If Jake Locker can live up to his potential then I think we will be a contender for the next decade. I loved Steve. He was a great player, but more importantly he was a great leader. With Steve on the field you always knew you had a chance to comeback and win any game. You knew that he was going to give it his all and do what ever it takes to win. And the players would rally around him because of that. And He wouldn't get down on himself after an int or a loss; in fact people would get irritated that he would be laughing on the sideline after an int sometimes (seems silly now after watching VY melt down after every int)

I think Jake Locker has some of the same qualities. He really seems to be a leader on the field and brings an energy to the team. He isn't afraid to lay his body on the line for his team, and I think that makes his teammates work harder (see Nate Washington injury vs Saints). Guys will play like that for people like Mac9 and Locker ... not so much for guys like KFC and VY.

Add onto that the fact that we have LOADS of talent. Britt when healthy is by far the best WR the Titans have ever had, and Locker will have (hopefully if Britt stays healthy) 2 1st rd WRs to throw to, Nate Washington who really seems to be coming into his own, and some solid targets in Hawk, Cook and DWill. Steve NEVER had that kind of talent at the WR position.

I love Eddie, but CJ is much more dangerous. Teams have to gameplan around stopping him. If they don't make stopping CJ the primary focus then they will most likely pay for it.

There is really no reason that this offense should not be a top 5 O in the NFL in the next year or 2. If it isn't then either Locker didn't live up to his potential, we were hit by the injury bug, or the coaches failed.

The defense will be the weak link, but I don't think it will be so weak that it will hold us back. I don't know that we can be contenders with the worst D in the league like the Pats, but as long as we can have a middle of the pack defense then we should be ok.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What?

The only thing CJ has over Eddie is speed. Eddie had better vision, fitness, moved very well for a 240lb back, makes better reads and smarter decisions and consistent.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Better hands too.

That is the thing that kills me with CJ. If he could learn to catch a friggin ball, he'd be deadly on screens and coming out of the backfield.

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Wrong. CJ is the most patient runner in the NFL. He just doesn't bolt ahead and hope no one catches him. His talent is he has patience. Finds any hole and exploits it. CJ is quick on his feet. Yes he has speed as well. But the misconception is all he has is speed. Speed and Quick feet are also a different thing. Eddie was a bulldozer. His main weapon is he was big and would push his way forward. He at times was good at cuts as well. But if a hole was not there he wasn't going very far most the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

CJ is not a patient runner. He's an outside runner and dances too much.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If by patient you mean he stutter-steps too much... ok.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

/His problem

The best running backs in the league aren't patient. They hit the hole and run.

It isn't a good thing; though I admit he has to be patient considering he isn't a bruiser.

Cutting 47 times before you even attempt to pass the LOS is beyond stupid, however.

I don't know if it was a trust thing with the O-line, or he had his mind set on CJ3K or something; but CJ looked like he took up dance classes in his time off last season.

If he doesn't get cut after this season, it will be because the FO still has the CJ2K goggles on; not because of his performance on the field.

There is my bold prediction for this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar