Does the Mariota era feel different?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

No quarter backs get measured for rushing TD's....that's the running back's job.

Running MM8 more is putting him up for an injury to occur. Plus he goes through his reads....he doesn't run like most rookie qb's after the first read is not there.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He made his running backs good

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Just saying we drafted him because of his dual threat capability. Everyone was making fun of how slow Winston was in the 40 comparing how much faster mm was. Kind of funny how a slow Winston is much more effective at running than mm.

When mm doesn't use his ability to run it caps his potential

4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I agree that a couple of runs here and there will force defenses to stay honest and put a spy on him that will open a lot of things up in the offense. Whiz was not taking advantage of that.

I think we saw more of his mobility yesterday when we saw them moving the pocket and the one read play.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

It's actually quite nice. Watching the game, with Yoda out there in control. I didn't have a care in the world. I just kept saying, stay calm Marcus, stay calm. He had made a few mistakes, and he will continue. I don't care. He is a winner. He will always outweigh his bad with incredible good. It may be a year or two before that fact is consistent, but it's coming.

With Yoda in the game, we always have a shot to win. Just like with #9. Except, Yoda will be better.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Yoda runs very little. It shows patience and intelligence. Even with an OL that was getting him killed, he hung in there. A run first QB will always fail as soon as it's known what he does when the pocket gets small.

Yoda will be great as long as our team keeps him upright.

#76 GOFIGURETITANS, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  7. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

That's the key with MM. His mobility scares the hell outta DCs, it always has.
    That enables him to do some things a statue can't. When he rolls right or left CBs and LBs in coverage are left with a choice of staying with their guy or stopping MM's run threat.
    And MM's ability to see that and make a quick decision pays off more often than not.
    That's why I never understood Whis' playcalling. When your O-Line is junk, and MM is behind center, keep him moving. He doesn't have to be in the pocket to make things happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You want to know what the real difference between MM and VY is?

MM actually beat a good team.

9. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Yep, if your O-Line is questionable there are plenty of things to do and we did all those things yesterday. Whiz never did the obvious......moving the pocket, lots of double, triple TE sets, quick short plays, etc

Give the ball to DGB on short plays and let him use his body f0or extra yardage....not long read plays for somebody who is a rookie. Slants, screens, etc....

Stevens is one of the best blocking TE's in the league and our line sux.....use him more to help block and chip. He has great hands and is also a good runner as he showed yesterday.

Andrews is not the long term solution here. I am hoping Cobb is that guy, but will have to go with Andrews till then. I also like Dex out of the backfield on passing plays, other than the fumble, which he got held up and tee off he played well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar