Does Vince Young = Akili Smith?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young = Akili Smith

25.0%
  2. No way! Vince isn't THAT bad!

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would LOVE to see VY and KFC in one of those QB skills challenges. Strictly for comic relief. VY would be like Nate Robinson in the slam dunk championship 2 years ago going 0-for-38 trying to hit a moving golf cart and KFC would be drunk by the 3rd event. Hilarious:)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Find ONE post where I used the term "magic touch"..

3. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Umm, have you ever tried to catch footballs at different distances that come at different speeds?

Everyone can agree that if people throw it too hard then it becomes harder to catch right? However, if they throw it too soft then it also is harder to catch because you have to wait for the ball when your mind has already moved to your next move after catching the ball. So the velocity definitely impacts the catchability of the ball. As does accuracy also. As does how much wobble is in the spiral. I would also saw that the timing definitely affects catchability. Ideally, the ball is there about two seconds after you come off your break because that is when you are looking for it and focused on it.

So touch is simply the combination of the above, with accuracy, and velocity at different distances being the most important. If Vince throws rockets on 5 yard passes and floaters 12 yard outs, then those are harder to catch than a solid hard through that cuts through the air at either distance...

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Yeah I get what you're saying.

I just hope the receivers aren't dropping passes because the ball hits their hands too hard...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:spit:

Yeah, I just hope we make some kind of investment in WRs this offseason. Regardless of KFC or VY or if we have to turn to some new rookie in 2010, it would be nice to have just SOME little more talent at the position. Give the QB some hope, whoever he is.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

A little off topic, but there's a nice read in the ESPN front page about Matt Leinart and his maturity through adversity faced by his struggles and the success of Kurt Warner. Sound familiar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar