Dolphins pranks Martin then he leaves facility!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

good to know our guys won't put up with this garbage that Miami is currently filled with now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I get the feeling our players are a good group of guys. I really hope this group can stay together for at least a few years, we may have something special in Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I want to believe our guys are good guys and have no reason to doubt that they are, but those words also come pretty easily from the sidelines.

4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I wonder if Reynaud was bullied as a kid.

Probably gave up his lunch money about us much as he gave up the football.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't have a problem with that. People are jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I hear you bro , did Incognito ever lay a finger on him? Just curious. He must"ve right? at some point? I don't know,I have young kids and I despise bullying, I was bullied young but man , they used to tell me sticks and stones, these dudes are in the NFL. I feel for Martin and he seems like a great guy, I just wouldn't ban Incognito forever , I think he should apologize to Martin and they should both go pad up for the Fins!!! Go Titans!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Bernard Pollard draws a crowd every Wednesday when he talk in the Tennessee Titans locker room.

I thought he was so interesting on the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin story and the idea of bullying in the NFL, I’m just going to share the bulk of it directly from him.
    • “Any organization, any person, any players, that’s something you don’t want to have to deal with. It’s a rough situation. We are on the outside looking in. I can’t put myself in the young fellow’s shoes at all. It’d be hard. But you’ve just got to hope that he comes back and that he recovers. I don’t know how bad he’s doing but I hope he recovers … I feel bad for the guy but at the same time, guys allowed it and didn’t step up."
    • “I’m going to be honest with all of you, some of y’all probably said it before. People are saying it. As far as the bullying and everything else, that’s tough. Anytime you see things like that, me as a player, first and foremost, that can’t happen. It can’t happen on a football team, it can’t be allowed. I can’t stand by and watch. Because as a leader, as a man, you don’t do that. You don’t demean somebody. You don’t bully somebody ... ."
    • “Our motto as far as the NFL, as far as the shield, we’ve been anti-bullying. We’ve been trying to fix that with commercials and everything else. And all of a sudden now it’s going on in a locker room? That’s tough. What are we saying now, when we’re trying to tell kids at elementary schools and middle schools and high schools don’t do it but then we turn around and we’re doing it?"
    • “It’s not fair, what he did to the young man. I’m hearing everybody else’s comments, talking about how he needs to step up and be a man and he needs to handle this. That’s tough, man. I can’t sit here and say that. I’m not going to sit here and say that 'that man’s a punk for leaving.' He went through something. He might have went through something when he was younger, it took him back. We don’t know that. We don’t know the history of what has happened to that young fella. I think the league has stepped in and are doing things about it and are doing the right thing ... ."
    • “[Incognito] is a hard-nosed guy, he plays the game of football, he does some extra stuff but other than that, and as far as his character off the field, I am totally shocked. You heard a lot of guys strep up and went to bat for him, how he’s a good guy, how he’s not racist. I’m not going to call him a racist; I don’t believe he is racist. I just think he used some words and said some things that shouldn’t be said. He demeaned a guy who wouldn’t stand up for himself. And that had no place in NFL locker rooms or locker rooms period, in schools and in life.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/2297/pollard-on-bullying-no-place-in-locker-rooms

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"Sticks and stones" is probably the dumbest phrase of all time because words can last forever. A black eye doesn't.

It depends on what is said, but words can be way worse than physical violence.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Berating your children shouldn't be considered a bad thing because sticks and stones and all that jazz. People routinely kill themselves over words, words hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar