Donta Hightower

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Jon Robinson as we all know has had his prints on many of the Pats standouts especially on the defensive side of the ball such as defensive backs Devin McCourty, Logan Ryan and Patrick Chung; linebackers Jamie Collins and Dont’a Hightower; and defensive lineman Chandler Jones.

Aside from Ryan, Hightower is someone I would be interested in playing alongside Avery. Woodyard is nothing more than a ST guy and a backup. I would imagine Hightower is probably going to demand $10 mil a year at least for his services. I can't see the Pats paying him that not to mention the FT is $14 mil. Robinson I'm sure is keeping a close eye on the Pats roster. Your thoughts???

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

born in TN... just saying..

although I think he will stay in NE

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Am I crazy for thinking we should try to get Te'o for half the price tag?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Once these players get those rings it's all about the payday next. Pats are walmart shoppers and they won't shell out that kind of money IMO not to mention they are gonna have other holes to fix.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im all in on Hightower as you might have noticed in shout box the last 2 days

6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I like Hightower, and feel like he could add another dimension to our LB core to allow us to bring pressure from inside and be a run stuffer.

With that said, the Pats have $62M in cap space. If they didn't plan on paying him, they would have already traded him away earlier this season like they did with Collins and C. Jones. They'll pay the man.

7. JCBRAVE

You don't do that with everyone tho, some good players do slip a way

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He turned down 10 million a year. He will get more. I wouldn't mind giving it to him but I dont think the pats let him get away.

I think they let him test the FA then sign him to a deal close to what he was going to get from the highest bidder.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yup, they can let him go into the free market, find out his value, and then match it or better it if it's not Haynesworth-esque insane.

10. JCBRAVE

If he wants to be back they can

Most guys of his pedigree don't test the market without a new deal somewhere else

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar