Draft The Next Cortland Finnegan.... Draft The Honey Badger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

People have this extreme negative view about it. Obviously because it's illegal, when honestly... it's worse smoking cigs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

I know a few people who played in the NFL. All of these dudes smoke kush and plenty of these guys do hard drugs, too.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It was "De-criminalized" here about 10 years ago. Meaning there are no criminal charges or arrest for possession. Just a fine. Most of the time cops do not even bother with the fine unless you piss them off. They only worry about the drugs that drive street crime like crack, meth, heroin and hillbilly heroin.

4. The Hammer

Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly were notorious in Buffalo for being major coke heads most of the years they were there.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd like to have the guy but CB is not as high of a priority as other positions so I'd hold off on taking him any sooner than the 5th round. And definitely not because of the bud but because he was out a whole year and I suspect many teams will pass on him altogether. I see him falling out of the draft like Vontaze Burfict.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CB actually is a big need, maybe the least talked about need we have.

After Jason McCourty we really don't have a No.2 CB, J-Mac himself is hardily good enough to hold that No.1 job for long, he's really a No.2, but in TN he's the guy.

We have Verner (who we all agree is a great NB)
    Ryan Mouton our NB this year is trash, and should be gone via free agency
    Tommie Campbell is still learning how to play CB in the NFL
    Coty Sensabaugh the guy who finished the year at NB might be a good player, but too soon to say.

So really, CB should be addressed earlier than the 5th round. I mean even if Verner ends up our 2nd CB again, he'll be a free agent next year (who I fear we will screw over and lose).

8. The Hammer

Furthermore. Teams need 3 good CBs. And we do not have a good third CB.

Though I could see Coty Sensabaugh next year you can never have enough good DBs.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like having 4 good CB's.

Teams play so much nickle now you have to have 3 good ones, and the 4th is there to give the others a break, also helps in case of injuries.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

THe highest drafted guy you mention is Mouton, a 3rd round pick and he is the worst of the bunch. Verner and Cody were 4th rounders (I think they project Cody to be and outside starter similar to JMac) , McCourty a 6th and Campbell a 7th (going into his 3rd year he should be ready to press for an outside roll and could end up being a stud). By the way we drafted Finnegan in the 7th and Cary Williams one of the top CBs in FA this year in the 7th. So we can find a CB to provide depth and potentially play a bigger role down the road anywhere from the 4th round on. CB is one position we don't need to use an early pick. Obviously if a guy with real nice value is sitting there in the 3rd you might pull the trigger but with more pressing needs it isn't a huge deal. I think the strategy of getting value has worked very well. Also, even if we lose Verner we will have another draft before he leaves next year (and Cody and Campbell will have another years experience).

I'd be more focused on the following:
    1. finding a starting OG in this draft (even if we sign a guy)
    2. finding a starting DE to replace Wimbeley in this draft (an upgrade here wuld be huge)
    3. finding a RB to either supplement CJ or take over in another year in this draft (we have zero depth at RB).
    4. If possible find a DT who can at minimum be the equal of Martin - Casey for depth and rotational purposes. An upgrade would be huge.
    5. jump on a WR when the value is there because more than likely Britt is gone and it takes a year or more to develop those guys.
    6. be nice to find a C who at minimum can back up Velasco and OG (a better option than Matthews) and maybe move into the staring role.
    7. what about the SS problem? We suck 10X worse at S than we do at CB.

So I just rattled off 7 areas of more concern than CB.
    Now we can address a few of those in FA but that would still leave 5 of the 7 and we only have so many picks in the first 4 rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar