Draft Trades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by oilerstruck, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree TJ....Wentz and Goff sky rocketed last few weeks before draft last year...I fully expect Trubisky and Watson to climb....Seems like people always reach for OT's and DE's early as well....This draft could get interesting fast.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Never understood why people get so upset over not having an Avi? There are many great avi's on here and the posters are complete idiots and vise versa, no avi's and they are decent posters. He's contributing to the forum isn't that what really matters?
    Not personally criticizing you, but I've seen it mentioned a few times just not sure why it matters to everyone.

3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I think Fournette makes a ton of sense for a team like Carolina though. They have their QB, they just need a talent like Fournette to help carry the load.

I doubt Chicago takes a QB after paying Glennon all that money. I don't think he's the answer, but I just don't see how they could take one that high and already be paying a guy starter money.

SF does need a QB because Gabbert isn't the guy, but they probably feel good enough with him and Hoyer to wait since this QB class is suspect at best. I'd be willing to bet that John Lynch will want to build D first since that was his forte and was what actually got SF to a Super Bowl recently anyways.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I recently made a first round mock draft and had CLE trading up with us to #5 and Houston trading up with Denver to #20 to get Watson.

QB's always have people trade up for them because coaches get so enamored with specific things about certain players and put such a high value on specific traits. And there's so few QB's who actually pan out into stars that if you think this one guy is it, you have to go take him. If you wait around, that player may not show up in a spot for you draft him for the next 10 years.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No source to this but I have an odd suspension NY Jets might be inclined to move from 6 to 5 to make sure they dont get burned on a QB they like.

Most all the mocks suggest they want a Safety tho so its nothing more than a feeling I have..

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree on everything. I just don't see Browns giving up that #33. That pick is prime to score a starter. (As opposed to our #33 last year of Dodd- yep, still pissed about it.)

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That #33 isnt as hot as you might think, that pick doesnt lead to many great players

8. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

Ideally I feel we need the draft to fall like this for a trade back to have multiple options:
    1. Garrett
    2. Lattimore
    3. Allen or Thomas
    4. Adams

At 5 we now have all QBs left with everyone now ready to move. We can probably get a 2nd from the Jets just to move up one spot to guarantee their QB because we can have the option of moving down a few more spots to get a 2nd from another team. We could be at 6 with a top 10 second. This leaves us with options of going further down to a team like Carolina at 8 so they can get Fournette to complete their offense. They may be willing to give up a 2nd if we can convince them we are willing to move down further with Cleveland or Arizona that has a 2nd on the table to get Watson if Jets went Trubisky. Then at 8 still have the option to go to 12 or 13 so they could draft a QB. That is just a perfect storm of drafting with teams getting super desperate though. Would be sweet to pick up 2 or 3 seconds in the top 15 and still pick at between 8-13 and 18. With that report of Cleveland wanting to move back into the first you could also trade 18 and pick up 33 and our original back at 50. Heck there is a lot value that will be there in areas of need for us in the 2nd round. Only drawback of trading the 18th though is losing that 5th year option, especially for the price we could pay for using the 5th year option since it isn't a top 10 selection.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Except when we had #33 and took Landon Collins.

Oh wait, we traded that pick to the Giants and took DGB instead. Blast!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

To me it's just a matter of differentiating the different posters. Gets annoying to follow 4 people in conversation when 3 don't have avatars.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar