DraftTeks Current Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Though it's lowered without Miami and Oakland ahead of us.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"The Titans had a great pass defense last year" - DraftTek

3. gran54

gran54 Starter

No problem with this draft what so ever..... it would be huge if we could land peterson at 8, but that is hard to see.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't want us waiting for Locker. I'm really worried we may mess this up by waiting on Locker. If we don't go QB at 8, we better trade some things to get back into the 1st.

I'd be happy with Peterson, he could play SS for us.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why are you so high on locker and where would you take him?

Why would Peterson play ss for us if he's the best cb prospect and one of the few worth a top 5 pick?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Locker has all the intangibles you want in your QB. He's really the best of both worlds, athletic, but first and foremost a football player above all else. I'd take him 8th.

The reason I'd put Peterson at SS is because we've got 3 capable corners, and a glaring need at safety. Peterson can make the switch with ease. He's the most complete player being watched, and with no great safety IMO, make the best possible player your next safety.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

This draft would be cool and all, but no way we get Peterson at 8, or Locker in the second.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree if Peterson is there you take him but only as a CB. I think moving Finny, Verner, or McCourtey to SS is a better idea. I would vote for Verner because he's the best tackler.

Drafting Peterson brings up another question. Do you replace Mariani with Peterson as the returner?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly. That's the perfect reason why we shouldn't take a corner in the 1st round.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

no way do we take locker 8th....if we take locker it will be that we traded back....peterson would play corner and verner to safety(given that johnson doesnt impress and start or our other safeties step up) and we could split mariani and peterson with putting them both back to return

only problem i have with this draft is 2 linebackers i dont see it as that big of a need given the fact that we are only going to lose tulloch which would be a huge problem....hes our best tackler and leader on defense...we already have mcgrath(spelling) and curran we need another young lb but not two....if we resign tully we wouldnt need one at the moment either and i hope we do

the 3rd round pick is a good one simply to replace babin as he is going to demand to much and he has a good upside along with solid production as a 4-3 d end and we return our injured dt so de to me would be a bigger need as we dont have one, we have dt that were injured and may not make as big as impact as austin or someone would but then who do we have at d-end if we draft austin?

i already know most of you will say move j jones over to d-end but he is our best dt and we need him there as i dont feel strongly enough about other dt to make as big as impact as him....

replace the 5th pick of the linebackers with a offensive lineman such as will rackley or love from alabama even hurd from uconn would be a solid pick for o lineman or draft a dt at the 5th pick by choosing ian williams or Harold Ayodele, just someone up around 300-310 dt as we need to beef it up some

i wouldnt even be mad if we took a offensive playmaker(ex. reciever or spell back) instead of tight end as we have 2 we could sign a undrafted player or just someone to fill the 3rd spot on depth chart and have us draft someone like randell cobb from kentucky or evans from vt or jamie harper from clemson to spell cj or even greg little if he falls

just my opinion....love the draft but we need either a young olineman or big dt over an extra linebacker

and i would rather have a playmaker rather than a tight end even though the pick at tight end could make a good player one day....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar