Drayton Florence gets a look from the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 3, 2014.

1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

If they tried like hell to bench him, who stopped it from happening? I missed that drama somehow.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

They didn't "try to bench Verner", what happened was they looked at our roster and saw a 6 - foot 3 - inch CB sitting around doing nothing and tried giving him a chance to earn a job. Guys like Tommie Campbell should get those early reps to see what's there, that's how you develop players behind your 1's
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Verner stopped it from happening by being better than Tommie Campbell. For whatever reason the last two training camps Verner's spot was open for competition. I said we wouldn't bring him back midway through the year last year because it seemed like we never really wanted him, seems like Verner felt the same way.
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

Tommie Campbell stopped it by not being fluid and not being very good mentally.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Verner could dissect most any play and make a move on the ball, Tommie has none of that going on. But its good we found that out last year so we can move on with Blidi and Coty.