Drew Carter signs with Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Alex1939

I have gotten the feeling over that past week that MR could have traded Pac straight up for Larry Fitzgerald and a bag of chips and you would still find something to ***** about.

:bully:

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Great prospect

This guy is younger and faster than McCareins too, he also probably has more "upside". Maybe we should bring him in for a look.

I'm far from "thrilled" with the J-Mac signing, and anyone who views him as the saviour is demented, but I am also not convinced that anyone else floating around in free agency is significantly better.

Right now, this is like a game of school-yard pick-em and we're down to the last few guys.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Puh-lease.

Carpy, Did I miss something on Drew Carter? Does he have a significant injury history similar to Calico's?

In the potential argument, Carter > J-Mac. Carter barely more expensive.

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

The main reason that JMac was signed is that he knows Dinger's system. He will work as a mentor, middle man if you will, with the rest of the WR's. He is not going to be used as a #1 or even a #2 reciever in our system but he does bring knowledge, work ethic and his ability and desire to block in the run game.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Carter does in fact have a significant injury history. He badly tore up his ACL his senior year in college and missed his entire rookie year. His 2nd year he missed the first 13 games before making his debut in week 14.

The following year he played 14 games and had 28 catches for 300 odd yards. (With a stable QB situation all season).

Last year, as a full-time starter, he barely had 500 yards receiving.

His injury history is comparable to Calico's, as his inability to consistently catch the ball.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bryant Johnson
    yards-
    2005: 432
    2006: 740
    2007: 528

JMac
    yards-
    2005: 713
    2006: 347
    2007: 232

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not exactly significant there (and not really a true indication of who is better considering who Johnson played behind and who the QB was compared to J-Mac)

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Warner/Leinart are worse than Pennington/Clemons. And yeah, it's pretty significant.
    1,212 vs 1,700

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I agree. I think that there is no excuse why the Cardinals aren't more explosive on the offensive side of the ball. They have decent quarterbacks, a pretty good line, and amazing receivers. Their run game sucks, but besides that, I think that they should be better. Pennington on the other hand has no one to throw to, a line that is "okay", and a mediocre run game.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

400 odd yards isn't THAT much.

And I think Warner is better alone than Pennington and Clemons considering Arizona have 2 1000+ WRs they are getting balls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar