Eagles fire DC Sean McDermott

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think it matters what base defense you run the 3-4 or the 4-3. the key is to be versatile enough to do a lot of different things.

The Ravens line up with 4 down linemen a lot, Suggs will put a hand down and that defense looks lie a 4-3 at times. The Jets like to move guys around and make it hard for the offense to know where the blitz is coming.

The Steelers are versatile because both their 3-4 OLB can rush the passer so well but can also play the run and cover.

The bottom line is that it is about drafting the right players for whatever system you are playing. That's what the better defense do but of you have some players that are maybe not ideal for that system then adapt.

The bears system is like ours but in order to use their talent the best way they moved Idonije outside and with the addition of Peppers have basically become a big 4-3 and it works.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The eagles have Asante Samuel, Trent Cole, Quenton Mikell, among others who put our players to shame. If you don't put up great stats with these stars, there's your reason to be fired.

Cecil is bad, and so is our defensive roster. Our best defensive player this year was a fluke with Babin. We don't have one consistently good player on the Defensive side of the ball.

There was a reason this guy is fired, but I don't think you can do much worse than Cecil.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sean McDermott>Chuck Cecil

I hope we're in contact with his people.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

xpmar9x>Chuck Cecil

5. JCBRAVE

The guy at CVS printing pictures>Chuck Cecil

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yeah.
    I thought the exact same thing when I got the text alert.

Eagles fire this dude for having the 22nd ranked defense and we still have Cecil?

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

If it weren't for Bud Adams our Defensive Coordinator would be Gregg Williams. The only owner in the league with a nepotism rule yet his family is sprinkled within the organization profoundly while the Saints have a SB.

Also, the two guys before Cecil were so good that they left to become head coaches so I'd hardly say Jeff Fisher doesn't know what he's doing when hiring these guys but haters will hate.

Cecil's deal is still in the air. I'm with an earlier poster that says the defenses biggest problem is lack of talent. The guys we think are our good are only good in our eyes (Finnegan, Griffin, Tulloch) and are really average players at their positions.

8. JCBRAVE

Okay everybody, dbc says Chuck Cecil will be a head coach somewhere, LOL.

9. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I honestly think Chuck Cecil is an above average DC. I think our D performing below average for the last two years is because there's been so much drama surrounding this team. We started this season out strong and I think they gradually gave up as the offense got worse and worse. It'll be the same next year if he starts Kerry Collins.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So if you owned a football team you would have strangers running it and not family?

The Titans are a privately owned business. Owned by Bud Adams. Of course he has family working for the team wouldn't you do the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar