Early Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I posted this because i found it on the Texans board. They are wearing their #8 rank like a badge of honor.

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

The hell is the point of "power rankings" this isn't college so what frack is the point?

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Duh...They tell the rank of your power....gahhhhhhhh

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Can't say I disagree with the guy's assesment. Unless your a Titans fan you really don't know the woes of our team. Sure we're optimistic and feeling like our team could be better than last year, but we're fans who follow our team on a daily basis. To the outsider, we look like we're in rebuilding mode. New QB, new coaches, a lot of question marks.

I'm perfectly find with staying under the radar. It isn't college where rankings matter. If you make it to the playoffs its anybody's game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Just to answer the Luck question, we DON'T take him because we just took a QB. You trade the #1 pick for a Kings ransom. Something like: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and a player or two. Looking at what the ATL gave up to move up to get Julio, that's not that far off of what one could get for that pick. Though I think we finish around 8-8 and pick in the middle of the pack. My prediction though is Houston wins the division.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's my Top 5:

1. Packers - Super Bowl team, on a high right now. Didn't lose any Stars and have a healthy D.
    2. Patriots - Always a legit team, add in Ocho and Big Al, could be scarry.
    3. Eagles - Building a dream team: NA, DRC, Babin, Jenkins, Brown all added to the team.
    4. Falcons - Julio Jones and Ray Edwards could take them to the next level.
    5. Jets - Missed out on NA, but resigned their FAs (minus Edwards, but got Plax)

Then I have the Titans at #23, right now.
    23. Titans (ahead of: Broncos, Redskins, 49ers, Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, Browns, Panthers, Bengals)

7. gran54

gran54 Starter

Who cares about Power Rankings?! It means nothing. Teams still have to perform every week.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If bleatcher report is such a waste of time why is so much effort being made to comment on things they have to say?

A decent defense, decent o-line, one of the best Rbs in the league and decent vet QB. We should be in almost every game we play.

I expect a competitive team. If munch can't get 6 wins out of this team then he isn't very good at his job.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we have that first pick and take Luck every MR and the whole coaching staff need to be fired and we start over again.

Jeff Fisher was able to win 6 games with this team last year with all our problems and injuries. If we go 2-14 we need to clean house.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agree 101%

Look what the Browns got for Julio, and they have the 6th pick. I imagine a team like the Seahawks, say they have 5th pick and we have 1st would give up a TON to move up for Luck (if his hype stays up). We should be able to get 2 1nds and 2 2nds, yooooooooooouth movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar