Eric Berry...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... what? So me pointing out how conference play is irrelevant in individual performance = me being irrelevant? How does that work?

Here's relevance:

Morgan Burnett vs Eric Berry

Tackles
    93 - 72
    Solo
    62 - 44
    Assisted
    31 - 28

Sacks
    0 - 3

Forced Fumbles
    1 - 0

Interceptions

7 - 7

Looks pretty even to me. But then again, I'm not a FAN of either team. Kind of like trying to convince you guys Steve McNair isn't as good as Peyton Manning back in the 2000-2003 years.
    Only thing Eric Berry is better at is return yards after interceptions. (note: GT doesn't safety blitz like UT. Can't afford to) Something he's best in the nation at. But coverage? Morgan Burnett any day of the week when you need a stop. Eric Berry if you're desperate and need 7 when the game is tied with the other team driving.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2 of Morgan Burnett's picks came against scrub Jacksonville State.

Eric Berry also has better 2007 stats.

And Eric Berry has been playing in the best conference in college football. Morgan Burnett has not.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Sorry. Berry is the better player based on all the rankings, scouts etc. Ed Reed has said he is the best in the college game and has been calling Berry to chat.

Burnett wears Eric Berry PJs to bed.

4. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

dont want either on the team next year

5. Alex1939

Why?

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I don't want Berry because that means the Titans have one of the worst, if not the worst, record in the NFL.

7. Alex1939

I'm still dreaming that we trade up to get him, even though I know it won't happen.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

what if we just happen to make a genius trade or something?:greedy:

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Adjusted for Burnett getting to play in an extra game b/c his team was better.

While at it, career stats:
    Burnett: tackles - 150 ; solo - 99 ; assisted - 51 ; fumbles forced - 1 ; sack - 1 ; int - 10 ; int yards - 95 ; int td - 1

Berry: tackles - 158; solo - 96 ; assisted - 62; sack - 3 (all from this last season, so a new thing for him); fumbles forced - 1; int - 12; int yards - 487; int td - 3

honestly they look near the same career wise. But if you're going to show compare their DB stats you have to include int yards and int tds because that is something that you judge all DBs and safeties on. So, last season's int yards and int tds results (got to show it all):

Burnett: int yards - 95; int tds 0
    Berry: int yards -265; int tds 3

I just want to add in that if i'm picking between two really good safeties who are pretty similar stats wise, i like the one who will get more picks and more return yards and tds in games, b/c that is part of the consideration in ranking that position and it's something that could very much change games and is part of a good overall defense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar