ESPN's Carter: "[Titans] would still have to be the team to beat"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Maybe its just me....because i competed in Shotput, Discuss and Javelin in college....but the 4x400 and the 4x100 are awesome 2 watch.....i cant watch the steeplechase or long races but sprints, jumps and throws are fun to watch.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well no **** we're the team to beat in the AFC South. I mean... in the eyes of normal, logically thinking, intelligent folks. Marcellus Wiley is obviously not very intelligent. I am very glad Cris Carter was able to use his noggin.

You don't have to be a homer to realize that the Titans are the favorite in the AFC South... but you do have to avoid pant-creamage via Peyton Manning highlights. Many "experts" are unable to avoid such temptation.

3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Wiley is actually an Ivy Leaguer. Oh yeah we did lose Haynesworth so the D will be suspect to me.

4. RavensShallBurn

I'm just goofin' off. He seems to be a bright guy. I'm just doggin' on him because he doesn't believe the Titans are the team to be in the AFC South.

At least he had no love for the Texans. :)

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think those guys don't even say what they honestly think. In a case like this one has to side with the Colts and one with the Titans or it just isn't good television. Either that or they hand pick the analysts according to their dispositions.

6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

I hear ya. I actually have a little insight on Wiley. He was academically suspended for an amount of time so u may be right. :ha:
    I have a buddy that played with him at Columbia and the stories are unreal. Needless to say the guy on TV is a cleaned up version.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anyone go on the Texans message boards? These chumps got jokes about C.J. all over the place. And they really believe they're good.

8. RavensShallBurn

I hate being around morons, so I don't go there.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Haha. I just stopped freqenting two of my message boards because of that mentality.

The Texans' MB will quiet down after losing the first game so we prolly won't have to worry.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hate to say it, but one nice thing about our down years was that there was a lot less of the "anyone who says bad things about us is a moron, anyone who likes us is a genius!" mentality.

I'm fine with attacking the arguments made by the talking heads, but man people can get really broad in their attacks. Also, no one really knows what to predict at this point, so it's hard to say that someone is 100% in the wrong for not predicting us to win the division/superbowl/pie-eating contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar