Falcons cut vet DT Jackson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'd sign Grady Jackson. As far as him being a replacement for Albert... uhhh you realize he is like 35 right? He could help us this year and maybe next, though. He would be the second best DT on our roster (and you must consider AH's injury history). His signing would probably force a cut for Starks or push Brown to DE.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Tony Brown is the only DT you can count on being on the roster next year at this point. Having said that, I think Haynesworth is a must-have for this D. Might as well re-up Odom next year while we're at it. Maybe LaBoy on a TBrown type deal. I'd feel really good going into next year with those five (including KVB, who's already here).

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

about to ?

I thought they already had

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If this keeps up, they'll be fighting like cats and....

Never mind. :rolleyes:

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Looks like we need him now with Simon retiring.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

KVB, Albert, Bulluck, and now Grady? I like that! The next few offenses to visit Tennessee won't.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Defensive tackle talk: General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said the Titans plan to wait until next week to address the roster opening created Thursday when defensive tackle Corey Simon retired.

Reinfeldt confirmed the Titans have been in contact with the agent for Grady Jackson, who was released by the Falcons this week, and didn't rule out former Titan Jesse Mahelona.

"There is nothing imminent,'' Reinfeldt said. "We are looking for the right person, the right fit for what we do. There are a number of options at this point.''

Jackson's agent, Angelo Wright, said seven or eight teams have inquired about the 11-year veteran, who was productive in Atlanta.

"He's looking for a situation where he can contribute and play for a contender,'' Wright said. "Tennessee would seem like a good fit. We'll try and figure out the best situation for him and go from there.'' -- Tennessean

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071027/SPORTS01/710270330/1027/RSS0201

8. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

I think the Titans will sign Grady Jackson.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

idn he's gettin a bit of interest from teams....i think in article i read like 7 something teams talked to him...hold up let me see...got it haha

"said seven or eight teams have inquired about the 11-year veteran, who was productive in Atlanta" - Tennessean.com

nyway back to topic...w/ that many teams it'll prob be a case of which one will pay him the most....i dont look for the titans to go in a bid war at a positiion we are really strong in (suggesting that we will resign haynz) if we get jackson that i will worry bout haynz future. most likely i look for them to go pick up mahlona as he was playinjg pretty good.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Looks like we let him get away and now we have to face him again. I hate the thought of him landing elsewhere in the AFC South.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar