Favorite Draft Prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I think you are both wrong and Margus Hunt is will produce big time in the NFL. Sure he had a spectacular combine but he is also a track athelete specializing in the shot put and disk. He left his country to train here, become a better athelete, and he has progressed every year he has played football. He is a physical freak with speed, power, reach and height. Michael Roose comes from the same country of Estonia, and we have witnessed his consistency and work ethic.

If he makes it out of the first round he will be a steal. He would earn a first round grade just for his ability to block field goals. . . almost 20 during his college career. I'd think he would be great in Titan blue.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is funny is Crave saying Ingo is small but has "shear strength". Intereting. I say if we are considering Mingo why not go with the guy who is almot 280 pounds, just as fat as Mingo and put up 38 rep on the bench despite having long arms. Mingo didn't even have bench numbers o I'm not sure he even did a bench.

Hunt was also tied for 5th in the 3-cone among DEs (better than Ansah) so I'm not sure were this lack of fluidity comes from. If there is a potential JJ Watt player in this draft it probably is Hunt. The question is were does a team risk a pick on him. I hope to God this kid doesn't get picked up by the teelrs, Pats or Ravens. AGain, we are talking about a guy who is 6'8, almost 280 pounds and runs a 4.5 40 but also benches 225 38 times.

IMO Werner might be the safest pick at #10 as a DE but Ansah or Hunt have the bigger upside.

Corn Washington is a bit of a freak himself. Ran a 4.53 40, benched 36 and had a 39 inch vertical while weighing 65 pounds.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Hmmm...I like him. He's a baller and the guy makes plays. I'm in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

If we get Chance in the first round and Hunt in the second, we can be go RB, CB, LB, and select the BPA for the rest of our picks and be a serious contender next year.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I like Hunt too, but I'm biased. My last name is Hunt and it would be sweet to have a Hunt jersey.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

All those attributes don't guarantee anything though. He's still very raw as a football player.

7. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I can agree he may be technically raw but every prospect in this draft is lacking NFL experience. You hear over and over again about players who need to: put on some weight, heal that bad knee, work on their conditioning, improve their technique. When you bring in someone who is large, strong, fast, and willing to improve you have a solid prospect. Where he is sitting in the draft I see Hunt as the next Bruce Irvan. Some team will take him in the first and Kiper will swallow his gum over it.

8. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

I like me some Star.

This is, assuming his health is in check.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I based it off of watching him play. He was a projected 1st rounder based on his size/speed/strength, then dropped off the draft charts as the season progressed, now it is workout season and people are talking 1st round.

He might run a mean 5 cone drill, but he generally was non-existant when SMU needed someone to get free from blockers, change directions, and chase down a ballcarrier from behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar