Finnegan to Train with Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/ar...t=AsNZtPautARPEd9_RPhjQK9DubYF?urn=nfl,139887

Uh-oh. Foreshadowing. We're going to end up with Chad Johnson on the team. I got the heeby-jeebies. Finny's not-so-secretly scouting the Ocho for Jeff. I've always suspected that Fisher has had something of a man-crush on 85. Well, maybe not that, but more like he's always been secretly amused by him from a very safe distance. I think this is true. No, I don't see Jeff putting up with all the hysteria and shenanigans on this squad, but I'm sure Chad would tell you anyone could go a little crazy if they were on that Bengals team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I think Chad is still stuck in Cinnci although he has let it be known that he wants out. I've said this before, I would love to have Chad on our team.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'll take a chance on Chad Johnson. He's kind of a clown ... he has the distraction potential but if he wants to get his ducks in a row and play ball for us and do it Fisher's way... if he can tone it down... he's just the beast wr this team needs. Hell, I'd love Anquan Boldin... I'd be fine with sending the Cardinals a #1 pick and something else if need be... for our own sanity the Titans really need to pick up a dominate wide receiver if for anything to shut down the "why the Titans need a a legitimate #1 wr" debates... that stuff gets so old...

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Chad wouldn't need to tone it down too much. CJ's celebrations this year were a bit showboaty too. I don't think Fish would give a rat's *** if 85 acted like a clown, as long as it didnt' draw any penalties and didn't draw any bad publicity.

The two biggest things that concern me is; whether or not we retain Al, and who is going to be starting under center.
    Other than that, we have a pretty solid team. Fish will need to put extra emphasis on discipline this TC. 90 yards in penalties is just unacceptable. That is also a big contributor to why AZ lost the SB.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

To my limited knowledge of Ocho Cinco, he's never been arrested. He may do alot of trash talking and may have some over the top celebrations and lets face it, he may even be a little attention starved, but we still have to compare him to what we have. I think 85 is an upgrade of over Jmac and I'd take him but I wouldnt give up much to get him. I think alot of the problems with the Bengals is their culture and not the talent they have on the field. You look at Randy moss and how he changed when he came from an organization like Oakland and how Corey Dillon changed when he arrived in NE from Cincy. I think its a gamble, but you never make it big if you aren't willing to roll the dice.

With that said, its going to be hard to forgive 85 for catching a TD against us a few years ago and getting behind the CBS camera during his celebration.

7. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yea for that! We need to cut Fat Al and pay Collins and get Chad.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I Hope Finny does a better job at trying to recruit Chad then Albert did last year at the pro bowl...

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

he should go train with Larry Fitzgerald, so he can learn how to not get torched so bad by a tall WR...

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think Chad would be an excellent pick up if he can stay healthy. That however is a problem in TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar