Fisher, Chow See Major Potential in White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher was asked whether LenDale White reminded him of Eddie George. "Yes he does," said Fisher. "He’s very strong. You have seen him. Inside, outside, runner with excellent hands. He will pass protect. All those things. He has a chance, in time, to be that type of back. He really has a chance to be that. I think it’s well noted that we have some needs on the other side of the ball, but this was an opportunity that we could not pass up." Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow also feels White has a chance to be something special. "He’s a tremendous talent that’s been forced to be very patient," said Chow. "I am confident that he’s got the desire and determination to prove a lot of those clubs that passed on him were wrong."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I read on TitansOnline that Chow and Fish stayed around for a bit to start scripting plays specifically for Vince

Party on Garth !

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

scary to think about what he's capable of accomplishing with a steady load

this is the only game last year where he had the ball 20+ times

24 carries
    179 yards
    7.5 ypc
    38 long
    4 TD's

Thank you sir, may I have another
    yes, I'll take some of that

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

oh man!!!..... Young was a great pickup we all saw coming... but this... is just amazing... our run game is finally going to become something great again!!!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Draft envy is setting in amongst the other 30 teams (You can't really count the Texans in there anymore).

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

We were lucky to get White. I love it! I can't believe so many teams would pass on him.:ha:

9. and whats going to be great is that he will probally have a great work ethic now being as he has that 31 team chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove all of them wrong about passing him up, and i think that mario williams has been set up to be a major bust being as he went from a late 1st round to #1 pick overall in 1 1/2 weeks or so, ima make a thread about it now =]

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah i agree... i think when a player gets drafted gets later than he expects he tends to play with a litte more "umph"... i'm not sure if he was highly rated coming out, but I would venture to say that because he was drafted so late T.O. felt like he had something to prove and "wall ah" a pro-bowler was born... a jerk .. but nonetheless a probowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar