Fisher Feels Titans Offense Will Improve in Chow's Second Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher feels his teams offense, under OC Norm Chow, will be much improved over the one which finished 17th in total offense in '06. "What he’s done is taking a hard look at things he did last year and come away realizing how close we really were," said Fisher. "We were a few plays or a play away in four or five games in winning games. What he’s committed to doing is taking advantage of the people he has and unfortunately we lost a lot of those people last year. He’s real excited about it and he has a good understanding of the defenses in the National Football League. I think you will see some significant improvement from our football team. That’s not necessarily tied to Coach Chow, but it’s tied to the fact that this team has gotten better offensively."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    Listen very carefully Vince...
    1 step, 2 step, 3, step, throw...

READ VINCE-son! YOU CHECK DOWN, CHECK OFF!

CHECK DOWN, CHECK OFF!
    CHECK DOWN, CHECK OFF!
    CHECK DOWN, CHECK OFF!

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Very good young grasshopper.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Does Fisher think the D will improve in dehr Schwartzies 6th season as DC.

FWIW I think the D will be "improved" but that is more of a criticism of Schwartz than any real confidence that the D will be stout.

Schwartz is nothing more that a MbSGWb and if I ever get access to a way-back machine I will do my best to correct this mistake of history.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think it is interesting that Fisher is saying we will improve and yet he knows we are almost certain to be doing it without McNair.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fisher just can't come out and say our offense will suck. He has to be rah, rah. I like the part how we were only a couple of plays away from winning games. Heck almost every team can say that.

I do think we will improve over last yr whether it is with Volek or Mcnair at QB. How much improvement, don't know the jury is still out

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. I noticed this too.

I'm glad he's optimistic. It is usually always better the second year after a new OC. The talent is clearly better.

I think the key is the OL. Plain and simple. Volek won't be able to avoid the rush McNair did. And you have Roos moving over to protect his blind side and a position battle on the right. I like having the experience in the middle but Chow better find a way to get the ball out quickly or Volek may not go very deep into the season.

And establlishing the ground game is key. The OL has to do a better job. Hopefully a better defense will mean the Titans don't have to abandon the run game so early this year.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wonder if, during his studies, Chow has learned of the benefits of getting into the end zone?

Well, maybe so:
    "The Titans offense last season showed remarkable ability to get to the opponent's 5-yard line", said Chow. " With the new talent we have picked up through free agency and the draft, we feel that we can capitalize on that."*

Oh boy. I'm stoked.

*not an actual quote

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We do have a good short yardage back now with White and that by itself could make the offense better. Converting 3rd and short and scoreing TDs in the red zone instead of FGs could make a huge difference.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Have you told Norm about this idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar