Fisher press conference (responses)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not happy with his handling of the last two seasons either but I can appreciate a lot of what he did.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Right, because only locals have access to the internet. Oh wait.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I think that he needed to go at this point (he was getting stale...or burned out, however you want to describe it), and I was not happy with how he handled the VY blowup (probably, in retrospect, a sign of how burned out he actually is), but, you cannot let that cloud what he has done.

He took this team over when Houston fans were chasing them out of town, led this team through a "gypsy-like" era from 97-99, then led them to contention. He always was able to get the most out of above average talent, and then showed some chinks in style when he started getting better talent. That is how I see it.

I think that holding some blood grudge, or wishing him to land "on his neck", as I have read from others, is silly and unproductive. Just like VY, Fisher is now gone. I wish them both the best, but it is time to move on.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So we should respect that he's lucky? That he got more years than he should have?

That doesn't make me think happy thoughts about the guy- it annoys me more.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Being a professional is demanding, physically and emotionally. Especially if you are wired to do it well. I appreciate Fisher's commitment to excellence. The truth is, you just get burned out when you go hard all the time. And despite your efforts to maintain that high level of performance, it is just the nature of the beast that you can't. That is why change is good in situations such as this.

I don't feel suckered in by Fisher. I genuinely believe him when he says he just needs some rest. Fisher isn't/wasn't the sole reason the franchise is in the state that it is in right now.

We weren't the Raiders, the Browns, the Redskins etc under his tenure. We didn't get the Lombardi and had limited post season success, but being a bit over medium isn't any reason to send the guy out on a rail.

I hope we put in him the Ring of Honor.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

As much as I think it was definitely his time to go, there's a lot about Fisher I really like and respect. He's a good guy, he has a love of the fundamentals of the game, he (generally) has his players' backs, he's dedicated to the organization and he's worked hard to have a positive impact on the game/league throughout his career.

He just got a little burnt out, a little stuck and when he did try to adjust to the game and his players he never got his footing. I'm looking forward to a change of staff, but I'm not sure we need a massive change of direction... to Fisher's credit. He set this organization on a good track and gave us some good years. I'm glad we had him here and now I'm glad we've moved on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering you don't think good of anyone or anything, who really cares?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar