Fisher says angry White's issues resolved

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- LenDale White was one of several Titans to drop a pass in an awful first half for Kerry Collins' targets. On a day when the Titans ran the ball 11 times, the running back got just one carry and his 1-yard loss was his first third-and-one failure in eight chances this season.

He said he was on the field for three plays, and he wasn't at all happy about it.

I've credited White for being a quality team guy as the Titans have sorted out their backfield and looked to rookie Chris Johnson more than White, while feeding White the bulk of the touchdown opportunities.

He was understandably frustrated after the pounding by the Jets, but his comments were as angry as they read and certainly suggest he is not dealing with a reduced role particularly well any longer.

White was asked if the Jets did anything different to slow the Titans down.

"I only played three plays so I really couldn't tell you what happened, I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention, I didn't care really," White said.

Was his lack of playing time part of the plan or a result of how the game unfolded?

"You never know, man," he said. "I can't tell you that. I don't know if I would have gotten the ball 30 times if we would have won the game or not. I would like to be involved more, or if I am not involved I would like somebody to tell me what's going on. Coming into these games, you expect to get certain carries or expect to see certain things going on, or at least that's what they tell you.

"And then you get in these games and then randomly you only play three plays. I just wish somebody would let me know what's going on before I go out there. Three plays, I don't know what you want me to do with three plays. I don't know what three plays is helping me do."

Asked if he intended to have a conversation with someone, he said:

"I ain't got no conversation for nobody, I don't care. If they have something to tell me, if they need to tell me I'm not going to play, then they should tell me, you know?"

Coach Jeff Fisher later said he'd spoken to White and that things were already sorted things out.

"We got is resolved, it's not going to be an issue, he understands, "Fisher said. "It's the flow of the game. We had 49 offensive plays, we had 11 carries, we got behind, it happens."

More...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

i'll tell you what happened. he shoved ernest byner and his *** got benched for the game.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i take you saw it on the sidelines?

was it before or after the easy drop?

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

After.

Here's some professional advice for you LenDale: Get your fat-*** in shape and act like you give a damn about your career before you go around wondering why you're not getting any "touches".

Let Q have this bum's "touches".

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

It's not like CJ lit anyone up today. Our run game looked the best when they were using a good combination of the two of them. Ever since they've decided to use CJ almost exclusively, our running game hasn't done jack. I'm not sure CJ can be a feature back without a pounder in there to wear down the defenses. And you can't just blame Lendale for his ONE drop. I saw plenty of multiple drops by the WR's and TE today. It was just colossal collapse by the entire team today.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we should carried the ball 35 times at least. this team is losing it's identity due to Collins passing skills ,when VY comes back we gonna be in trouble if we can no longer run the ball.

The Defense is also relaxing thinking Collins will bail us out.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We'd have been fine if we hadn't dropped so many passes. Put Finny at WR, that one handed INT was sick!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree, the game could have been very different if we caught passes. Scaife notably. That was a game changer. Chris Johnson was maybe a half step from going the distance. We just couldn't get it done. But it could have been a much closer game if the guys had been focused down field.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I didn't see it happen, but several fans reported seeing it on the 103.3 radio show after the game. They also mentioned that after the shoving match, White never got back onto the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Suspend his fat a**. We won't need him against the Lions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar