Fisherball, Chow, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh, ok, now we're lucky we won ten games instead of five. i see. jeff fisher is just the luckiest coach in the nfl.

c'mon man, you're smarter than this.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tell us how you blame Fisher for Young only having two seasons of experience. How is he to blame for Given's injury? Jones? Scaife and Williams? How about Mawae and Olson? That is five of eleven guys Fisher planned on starting the season with.

How is Fisher responsible for Brown's fumble? Bironas missing a FG? Young making a poor throw?

Honestly, unless you know exactly WHAT the coaches could have done to make the offense better with the limited talent and experience along with the injuries they had to deal with, you're just venting.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And many posters will believe that no matter the obvious shortcomings in game strategy, the coach can do no wrong.

We may not have as much talent as some other teams, or the most we've ever had. But that talent was enough to win the game yesterday.

As much as I blame Chris Brown for the loss yesterday, I place a lot of blame towards Fisher/Chow. Why was Christie even in the game? If LW was just plain tired at that point, why didnt Henry get the carry? Or how about a VY bootleg?

If we are going to continue without an adjustment in philosophy and strategy, then we might as well draft all DTs and RBs this year. Otherwise, it's time our coaches give the players a better chance by improving the gameplan and personnel decisions.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

Why is it when Fisher gets a largely untalented team with a rookie QB one game from the playoffs it's because he was lucky? Why is it when he takes a largely untalented team riddled with injuries playing in the best division in football to 10 wins and a playoff appearance it is luck? You can probably count on one hand the number of coaches who could get 18 wins the past two season out of the Titans.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Oh...I get it....you want a coach who can predict the future.:))

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I prefer a coach that can learn from the past.

Recent past, as in last week, at that.

I want a coach who isn't so stubborn that he will continually play less talented players over the backups whom clearly would be better in game.

One good example mentioned before is Peter Sirmon, but the list is long in these mistakes we make.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If this team is "untalented", you're nuts. lol Why is this always Fisher's excuse?
    He could be out there with the patriot's offense, and still only kicking FG's and people would say it's because he doesnt have all the talent he needs.

good coaches make average players good, good players great, etc. Jeff Fisher doesn't.

8. DJB

DJB Starter

Compared to the other playoff teams the Titans are untalented. On offense there are 2-3 good O-linemen. A QB and RB with the potential to be good but they aren't there yet. Hall is a good FB. The rest of the offense is average or below. On defense there is more talent. My point is that the Titans last year were picked to win maybe 5 games, this year maybe 7 and yet they end up with 8 and 10.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The defense is talented enough to win games for the offense. Not many teams have a top 5 defense. 5 of them, i believe. :)))) And they'd at least be top 3 without coaching dragging them down.
    On offense, the talent isn't great, but we'll never know. Run, Run, Pass, Punt is a bit too predictable for a defense, and we'll never be good on offense unless we have a series that couch potatoes can't figure out.

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Dude those were Jeff's own words not mine at least as quoted by yesterdays game announcers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar