For those who think Collins should be QB next year...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Textitan, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's not what has happened at all. His 2 best games came in the 2nd half this year and his passing rating is higher the last 8 games than the first 6.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If vince is behind center opening day next season, it won't matter if Al stays here or not. It will set this franchise back multiple years, it's important to learn when to cut your losses.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's turned the ball over 4 times in the last three games and has scored 2 tds. he's turned back into captain turnover, the same guy he's been his entire career.

i'm pretty sure we all knew it wouldn't last, but we were just hoping it wouldn't happen until we got into the super bowl and we somehow found a way to pull it out.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you look at the stats, Vince Young is actually pretty hot. His qb rating is around 80-85 recently. With at least 3 100+ games mixed in the last 7. Inconsistent. Yes. But on a hot streak too. I think this year has proven that our WR's suck. That's the bottom line coming out of all of this. Even with a passing qb, the team proved it couldn't move the ball through the air on the whole. Collins is a thrower, and he did make some throws, but not enought to warrent the idea that our WR's were ok. They are below average. And we may very well win a superbowl with that. It may happen. But Vince with CJ and some WR's will be a much better product on the field than his first go around. I think if nothing else, that is what we've proven this year. Collins has had moments. He too would benefit from a new WR corps. I expect that Collins will be the starter next year because we are about the same with him or VY in there, but right now Collins is winning. This is the first bump in the road. He must recover. I expect he will. And I expect after the superbowl win, he will be named starter 2009.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Everybody's bailing...bah.

We have a first round bye, and everybody's claiming the sky is falling. The rest of the games this season are about 80% likely to be irrelevant. We lost to the Texans, and Kerry played badly. So what. If we lose to the Steelers. So what.

We're guaranteed the playoffs, and Collins did what he needed to do when it mattered, getting the first 11-12 wins that got us that 1st round bye, and likely homefield for every game we play in the playoffs.
    It would be nice to have homefield throughout, but I'd seriously like to see the odds of a #1 and #2 seed playing in the AFC championship game.

Translation: I would bet that only one of, or neither of The Titans or the Steelers will be in that game.
    Kerry sucked today, but it really is irrelevant at this point. It's not as if playing at home makes us invincible anyway (The Jets game). Worrying about homefield throughout is counting our chickens before they're hatched anyway. I would consider it huge to even make it to the point where not getting HFA would matter.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I honestly don't think Collins is drinking enough before these games,he seems too sober. The water boy is the guy that should be taking most of the heat for Collins performance,hes not pouring enough vodka in the Gatorade...:pour: :guzzle:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think what happened was the water boy put the alcohol in Fisher's cups, rather than into Collins. We need to correct this in practice.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What's your point? That we should aspire to have a QB the quality of one of them? First off Romo is probably the least clutch QB in the league, I don't think he's that good at all. Roethlisberger is good but he's not the best passer in the league by far. Cutler might be the best passer of the bunch considering he's doing what he's doing without a run game and Jamarcus Russell what about him? He has no receivers, no offensive line and he doesn't make any plays.

Well you would be the first to know about drugs killing brain cells. Where did you get the impression I didn't want Collins? I'll take him over Young right now but instead you make stupid *** assumptions like this:

What are you 12?

9. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

It has become very obvious to me that you completely miss the point of every post you respond to.

Therefore.....I am done with you.

You have what I would call football dyslexia. Either that or you have the innate ability to misunderstand every post.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Good. You brought nothing to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar