Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Franchising Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,363
    Matter fact Mike Williams is a Free Agent no?

He's prolly still around 245 lbs... He could fill that overly large WR role for a vet minimum.
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,363
    Stevens and another blocking TE would be fine with the DE convert sticking around. He saw snaps his first year, he's gonna be at least a rotational player for us.
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,363
    What's his talent? Sloppy hands with a 4.5 speed on a large frame? Mike Williams yo... 6'5 -slightly slower. Lol I don't see what the amazing thing about cookie really is. He's tall... Guess we need that for lockers wild high balls. Someone's gotta go get those ridiculous throws.
  4. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84
    He's not a Jared Cook.

Cook made some pretty amazing plays this season. He showed he can make some big catches and go up and get the ball away from defenders. We have a proven passing threat on the roster. Thompson is not there yet. Stevens is a solid all around TE.

Keep Cook, Stevens, and Thompson. None of them are breaking the bank. If Cook and Thompson pan out then we can do a lot of different things with the offense.
  5. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84
    Not even worth discussing any further. Gonna go back to enjoying my day.
  6. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,358
    I'm shocked they haven't started making Jared Cook's jersey out here in Atlanta. These Falcons fans think they are getting Jared Cook :crazy:
  7. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,778
    Tony Gonzalez comes back, so no Cook in Atlanta.

He was playing too well and was so close to reaching the Super Bowl to retire now.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,363
    They would be horribly disappointed.

Cook can play but he's still inconsistent. You ever watch the pats play and you see a pass fired in the direction of Gronk or Hernandez, you immediately think, -reception-

When I see a pass fired at Cookie I'm like.... Oh lawdy...

I'm to the point where whenever Locker throws the ball I'm on the edge of my seat. I hate that uneasy, anti-confidence with this team.
    Titanup1982 high fives this.
  9. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,358
    Yeah I feel the same way. The reliable catches from Frank Wycheck are gone. You knew you were in good hands with him.

Also, I think Jared would be a star in Atlanta.
  10. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,186
    If we address our OLine, DLine, and SS by getting Levitre, a DT, and Wilson via free agency and Warmack in the first round, I would not mind getting Jordan Reed in the second round. I know that other areas need to be addressed in the second round, but he could make us easily forget about "roller skates" Jared.
    griff33daddy high fives this.