Free Agency Update: Barber and Scott to Visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and a better O-Line.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Denny kidd...

Signing turner will cost us a 1st and 3rd pick as compensation.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he is suggesting a trade, not to sign him away.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

Turner is blazing fast, weighs 237 lbs and has a career 6 yards a carry average. He has to be considered the best backup in the league and the epitome of a starting caliber second stringer.

I would gladly offer or 2nd rd pick for him in a straight up trade. He is tendered so unless the chargers sign him to a long term deal he will be a ufa next season. There is no way he will commit long term to being a backup. Because he is only commited for this year the chargers will maybe trade him for that 2nd rd pick. Then it is up to us to sign him long term..

Given that both our leading Wrs are gone and we have nobody new worth a damn to replace them and given we are a run oriented team i gladly make that trade.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Puck..

Turner is only a backup ecause he's behind Tomlinson
    --------------------

I made the same point when someone said a similar thing about curtis. When you play on a team with the best in the league you are going to be 2nd string..

If ever there was a first string back on somebody's bench it is this guy. He just explodes through defenses. He looks better than willie parker did when he was a backup.

Nothing wrong with having 2 stud backs especially when lendale doesn't seem like the most durable of backs..

6. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Neither did Frank Gore

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not sold on him being able to be a starter, but it is irrelevant what I think.

I have no doubt some teams have offered what you said, a 2nd round pick, knowing MT won't sign long term to be a backup and knowing he will be a UFA next season.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At first, I thought the Chargers might be willing to give up Turner for a mid first-round pick but it may be they feel after six seasons, they may need to take more of the load off of LT.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

signing the "colt killer"

Turner would probably be a good fit for Tennessee, being the "colt killer" for ending there perfect season. but if were going to trade for a running back i think it should be a proven back, Julius Jones, a 2nd, 3rd round, and maybe Scaife would be a good deal for jones you think?

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i'd much rather have turner than jones...
    and why would we get rid of scaife? he's the only TE we have right now... until troupe learns to catch...i just fear big ben may be a little retarded though, seeing as he still looks lost after playing a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar