Free Agent Safeties..aka biggest need

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah I know, and it pisses me off. There's atleast 5-10 safties in free agency and like 5 safties in the draft that could get to replace him. Won't happen though.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I'd take'em. Not too picky when it comes to SS at this point.

3. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

We're not cutting Griff so we need a SS

William Moore is having a great season. He's a SS in a 4-3, good range and cover skills, tackles well, doesnt cut out the legs of runners. He practices againts Matt ryan and all those weapons the past 2 years. Has been playing against Brees too. Fits well to go up vs. Hou and Ind with they're playaction passing. He could get resinged by Atl or take a big check from a true contender, but hes the #1 guy on my list.

Pat Chung is a SS in the Pat's hybrid D. Coming out of Org we was projected as a box guy. In NE he seemed to be theyre better more consistant players on D. Another guy I feel we should take a strong look at. Played in a SB and a lot of playoff games. Undersized but plays with some fire.

4. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

I think Moore is the most realistic guy we may get.

Definitely afraid that both Byrd & Goldson will get franchise tagged unfortunately.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

<<<<<<< bring him in to play safety :)

I wouldn't mind a push for Will Moore. I think he resigns with the Falcons though. He would bring an immediate impact to our weak safety group. He can lay the wood and is pretty decent in coverage across the middle.

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I don't see why people are complaining about the top free agent safeties commanding big money. Just look at what we are paying Griffin right now. We could sign Byrd and let Griffin go. that's a huge improvement at safety with virtually NO cap hit. That would be addressing a huge need without touching any of our $19.4 mil. It would be moronic for them to not make a move like this. We could also almost double our cap room by trimming some fat. We could easily turn this team around, personnel wise, in the off season. But that would mean that Munch would have to turn us into a winning team without all of the excuses he so desperately needs.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We are known for making moronic decisions.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Let's draft Barcarri Rambo in the 3rd or 4th to push Punky Brewster.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

But we have Bud Adams as our owner.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Landry is on steroids... That's why he's always hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar