Pre-Game Thread Game 6: Colts @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 10, 2017.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Titans by 4-6

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Titans by 7-9

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Titans by 10-13

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. Colts by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Colts by 4-6

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Colts by 7-9

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  9. Colts by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Colts by 14 or more

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

We are all used to suffering with this team but this year is hurting more because of the expectation surrounding us. We have been overhyped this season because of the historically weak AFCS. Here's what i've noticed:

The run game just isn't there. No holes, no speed. It looked bad in pre-season and has continued. Take away the Murray long run and the Henry 2nd half against the Jags in a blowout and we are getting at best 2 yard gains regularly putting us in 3rd and miles.

Defense was always going to be an issue this year so not surprised it isn't fixed. We don't play physical D, it's all very soft zone "give up the underneath stuff" - don't like it at all. We haven't won the line of scrimmage battles there either for the most part and the run defense is suffering more than usual

We have been unlucky with injuries (QB, LT, WR, MLB, SS) and on the wrong side of a few big officiating decisions

The coaching is bad: Onside kick, not challenging Ajayi spot, running bubble screens with Decker, playing not to lose "prevent" defense, having McCain on Hopkins, restricting Mariota and taking the keys plays out his hands, no hurry up offense, starting slowly & looking unprepared etc - I could go on

I still think we have the most talent in the AFCS overall so just have to hope quality prevails over time. Can't wait to get MM8 back - we are going nowhere without him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

he's baaaaackkkk

3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

B33323A2-1310-4A80-AE37-30664FA2D5F4.jpeg

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

I suck but yet i want actual change in this organization. Real change won't happen if we win

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

As the resident troll, you should have to pay a troll toll to post.

You have almost 3500 posts, 99% or more are troll worthy.

This is you
    https://goo.gl/images/cG8cpn

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hoping for the best here

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Keys to winning,

Bottle up Mack, dude has wheels
    And call a lot of crossing routes. Colts don't cover the middle at all

8. kenny

kenny Starter

I am not saying this is WHY they are holding him out IF they do.... I am saying they are not as concerned about getting him back; because they know they have an out..... This is just the way I feel. Did not say it was true..... Mostly frustration flowing out through the keys....

I've said it bunches of times... I hope Mularkey proves me wrong. I just do not have the faith that you obviously do..... I have no problem with you having your opinion of Mularkey. I just cannot get behind him at this point. He has fielded a team that looked uninterested in playing too many times IMO... IMO... AGAIN, it's my opinion. Just like you think he is great. I think he is not putting enough pressure on these guys. Of course I do not see much of what they talk about. However, he speaks often of "I don't have to tell them how important this game is; they know." & "I don't have to tell them it is not good enough they know." Then routinely uses the excuse "They failed to execute" when the game goes wrong. If they are continually "Failing to execute" he should be addressing that & it should show up on the field!! We know the talent has improved. There is no doubt. There are still areas that need improvement for sure. However, there has been a huge investment in offense. It should not be this bad.... Again, IMO...

I feel if the talent has improved on the roster; & we were decent last year. The other area that is still the same is Coaching. Even if players regressed; he is the one responsible for playing some one else who has not....

Sorry about the length got carried away.... I tend to do that where this team is involved.... I've been a fan for a VERY long time. I've suffered through some very bad years; as you & many others have... I just want the team to be better & DO NOT care who the HC is that does that. Mularkey has A LOT to improve upon before I will believe he is the guy to do it. He can do that this year. Sure. Getting us to the playoffs would certainly do that. However, if he does not take this team to the playoffs this year; I do not think he is capable of doing it.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

"Do your job" as the saying goes.... It doesn't matter who the QB is; their job is to pass protect. It was HORRIBLE last week. Has not been good for other games. MM8 has been running for his life on several plays; which is why the pass protection looked adequate. He moves the pocket, gets away, w/ defenders as his feet; or scrambles for yardage. It has not been horrible in all games; but not good enough, or as good as it has been. Which means they are capable of better. Just my opinion from my memory.... Not going back & looking at film or studying. I feel it could/should be better.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Mariflota is a notorious slow starter and this team plays plays with zero fire and sense of urgency. Coincidence that those are both attributes he's lauded for? Not being emotional.

It seems the only way to get him going or into the game is to call designed runs for him, which is now kinda hard considering the injury.

Fire Mularkey and staff, Mariflota stays the same; not stepping into throws, coming out slow, floating INTs. It's just who he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar