Game Ball: Packers @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King wishes to give honor to the Majestic Titans! They entered the field of honor with great focus, strength, and diligence in a winning way. All could see it was a true team effort and a team win.

These ball winners Chris, Chris, and Rob were highlights of our victory, yet there were so many others that could be honored. This is the makings of CHAMPIONS!

The King is sad to declare that there is a SERIOUS defect in our quest for the :trophy:! Our glaring defect is the toss of the pig into the air! :rolleyes:

Today, The King grades Duke Collins as below average, with a C-. Yes, we saw with our own eyes the few drives that took us to victory. But we also saw a consistent lack of completions, 19 to be exact! The number is troubling, but the setting of several of these misses made them killers.

There MUST be a change in this or we will not see a gladsome second half of the season! The Colonel is responsible for the majority of these errors (right now), so how can this be fixed? :eek:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I saw a lot of problems with receivers as well, but i'll agree, he over-threw and threw into double coverage, something you DON'T DO against Green Bays defense, let alone ANY defense. Collins will bounce back. Gage needs to wake up and smell the coffee as well...I'm not impressed with Mcareins either...

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think a lot of those overthrown ones were Kerry knowing it was tight coverage and getting rid of it, but He didn't have a great game by any means.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brandon Jones has become clutch. He's probably the #1 WR on this team.

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

you look at the one-handed catch B Jones made just before half time and wonder why we've had problems! (was still grating watching DMase have such a good day with the Ravens again)

I just thank everything we have CJ.. what a player.. to think there were doubts over whether we should have drafted him.

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Funny what a difference a year can make; on the other hand Justin Gage has looked just horrible since his return from injury - I thought he was one of the few sure-handed guys on this team? He's dropping everything that's thrown at him!

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Jones and Scaife by far are our best receivers, i dont think anyone can argue that. Brandon has come up with some serious clutch plays for us and hes been just as big a key to our 8-0 start as our defense. I'm been very impressed how he makes alot of these clutch grabs in traffic. I hope he continues cause we're going to need him down the stretch

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Cj has time and time again been showing why he should of been drafted as the #1(Okay maybe #2, McFadden would still have that star power) rb in the draft. The plays he made on the receiving end were phenominal....so glad to see Fisher running plays to get him into open space.

And CJ's running is getting better, yes sometimes he is missing the direction and getting stopped at the line, but when he is getting yards, he is making a move to get a little more yardage( 1 to 3 more yards).

Its like he has two running styles....one where he knows he is going to be tackled and makes a slight adjustment to make sure he gets another 2 or 3 yards. The other style being him making a move and hitting the afterburners, knowing that he is only one missed tackle from being in endzone. I cant count how many times now during this season that he has only been a missed shoe string tackle away from running for the homerun. Some of the runs he has had at the end you can clearly see that the defender pretty much made a great miracle tackle to save the touchdown.

Fisher you need to incorporate more plays of getting CJ into open space...you seen how it can work and what he can do....Westbrook vers. 2.5(I give CJ the extra .5 for the mach speed that he has) can do some real damage out there in the open.

Gameballs:

CJ/WHITE(Gotta give it to White for that run, pretty much saved the game/momentum)

Tulloch(Honorable mention Ford)

Bironas(Dont miss again ha ha)

9. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King finds it good to hear from one who hails from a country that respects royalty!

Good comments SteveH!!

When we heard his name called on draft day, we said "HUH?" and then we watched film on him and said "SUPER!" Chris is an excellent player and we are blessed to have him.

On the WRs - we need more of BJ and The Hawk.
    On TEs - work out some better plays and include the rookie Stevens.
    Then our air game will improve! :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar