GBN's latest mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanjay

titanjay Guest

If Leinart is still available at #3, no freakin' way we take Cutler.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

A lot of suprises

3. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

ya terrible mock!

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is so terrible about it? First of all GBN tries to get wind of what teams are saying as well as focusing on player ratings.
    GB could be real concerned about their QB situation. Just because they drafted a QB last year doesn't mean they don't see a big upgrade with a guy like Leinart. They might know some things we don't.
    Vernon Davis could be one of the top players in this draft. He has WR speed, an NBA vertical and is strong. If you go by the BPA mentality he could be a guy at #6 that is a steal.
    Hawk at #9 is reasonable. LBs are simply down valued compared to other postions and alot of teams are sceptical of going with a LB in the top 10.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

One thing that I do question is the Titans passing on Marcus McNeill for Abdul Hodge. McNeill would make a nice RT and IMO is a higher ranked player at a bigger need postion for the Titans.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GNB has no insight...

They do an ok job of ranking prospects but they have no more understanding of what teams will do than we have.

Hawk has only fallen because other guys have moved up so fast. Most notably vernon davis and this DT from hawaii.

There may be as many as 4 prospects better than any QB in this draft. Mario, bush, dbrick and davis.

I doubt if lienart and young fall that far but the titans take cutler 3rd. No way!

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was thinking the same thing. I still have RT as a higher priority than MLB. Restructuring Sirmon or signing Griesen are still options. I wouldn't pass on McNeill for Hodge in that scenario, I don't think. RT will see much more playing time than MLB, and given that, I think Reese would make the same decision.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

From GBN
    http://www.gbnreport.com/

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we could get McNeill, a guy who could step right in at RT and also back up LT we would be set at the OT postions for years to come. Drafting the QB of the future and getting a stud RT in the 1st two rounds would be awesome. I would imagine our running game would get a little boost with McNeill at 6'8 330 pounds paving the way.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcneil...

Be careful with guys that tall. Some 6'8 guys are not good run blockers and have balance problems in protection. I do see some similarities between that guy and alex barron.

Boy you have this whole thing mapped out don't you? Draft your boy cutler and then draft some help protecting him. What if we drafted mario and hodges and had a dominating defense? Nahhh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar