Generic Vince Young rocks/sucks post game thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I need 12 years of on the field evaluation before I can label anyone a bust in the NFL

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They won't use him in a Mike Vick like way, because If he goes in as a runner/trick play guy (which Fisher doesn't have the creativity or the balls for, except for in the preseason), he'll get hurt, and there goes our backup QB for the season. I seriously believe that's what the higher-ups are thinking.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I like the improvement I've seen through the preseason. He is getting his confidence back. If he can just limit his mistakes and live to play another play, he will be fine. Keep competing, work on his reads and he should be a solid player again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Says it all.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree. Hopefully our O won't get stale like it did last year. Cause Run, Run, Pass & Punt gets old fast. We're gonna need to score more this year because of D is gonna need more help. Kerry just gets us by. Vince is phenomenal. Vince, CJ, Lendale, Britt, Gage, Cook & Scaife on the same field and we're talking some serious @$$ whoopins goin on around the league.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The coaches plan on a stale, white bread, run-first offense. We're not coached by Andy Reid, after all (thank God). Even when Vince was good, it wasn't because of any planning done, it was because Vince felt free to go and run. He changed his tune once he got knocked a couple times and hurt. Vince will never be as brave as he was as a rookie. And if he does, he will be out for half the season with an injury.

Oh yeah, and he's still a backup.

Vince gives you great upside, but a lot of downside too. I think most coaches prefer a steady performer. No one can argue that Vince is one of those. Not that Kerry Collins is Tom Brady, but you generally know what to expect with Collins under center, and that's what coaches love.

And the coaches seem to get dumb and way too brave with Vince in the playcalling, the few times they have tried to run with him. The option plays, his QB scramble play calls have been awful.

I remember when I was a VY fan (Those days are long gone) I couldn't help but gasp every time he threw the ball. Not because of excitement, but you know he just throws those ducks up for grabs. We don't have the Brandon Marshalls or Mosses who can go up and get those. As of tonight, a lot of us are banking on very late round pick rookie to be our star receiver.

All this being said, I'll gladly eat my words if Vince comes in and tears it up, I'll be ecstatic. But outside of injury, or Collins being extraordinarily terrible, I doubt we see him often.

I know everybody loves the excitement of VY, but Fisher's never been about that. He's about ball control.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He looked great. A threat to take off even like he did in 06.

Great way to finish the pre season.

8. Coov

Coov Starter

There has been no drama and his passing game is coming along. It is great to see Vince improving.

I know there are a lot that want to see him fail because they are ready to move on already, and not to mention want to be proven right. He has a lot of potential. I just hope that he keeps moving in the right direction. We have receivers now as well! WooHoo!!!

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's obviously insane to say that he's finally going to develop into a superstar because of just one preseason game, but I will say that this was the first time in about two years where I saw anything that made me even remotely optimistic about his future. He looked very good.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He did about what he needed to do with his preseason. I think we'd all say he improved with each game - started shaky, improved but was inconsistent, and ended with a very solid performance looking more like his old self.

Not saying he is quite ready to lead the team, but he at least did enough to calm my fears that he isn't ever going to turn the corner. I feel good with him at #2 for now, which is more than I could say 6 months ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar