Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

George Wilson impressed with Titans visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    Nobody will break the bank for him, so I hope we only offered him something small. I really don't want another below average safety on our starting defense.
  2. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    If WIlson takes Babs spot at Babs pay rate and is a better option (he is) then it make sense and he is one of the few over 30 guy I'd conider simply because thet SS spot stinks so bad and we have zero depth.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,060
  4. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,038
    Superbowl!!! :sarcasm:
    CJtheBeast and J Falk high five this.
  5. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,020
    The more I hear about Wilson the more I wish we could just lock him up now. Pro FootballFocus has him rated as the second best safety in free agency. He is the kind of enforcer we have been lacking and his leadership will set the tone. Pay the man . . . .
    ScotTitan, CJtheBeast and The Hammer high five this.
  6. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    If we get Wilson then we won't have a below average safety...
    The Hammer high fives this.
  7. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    agree to disagree...he wouldn't have lost half of his snaps to a guy named Searcy playing for Buffalo if he wasn't below average...
  8. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    Correction. Wilson didn't start losing playing time until mid season after a neck injury than they went into rotation. Any team would do that if a younger player played decent.
  9. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    Well, atleast if we get him we have an upgrade(hopefully a cheap one). This will buy us time to groom up the rookie we draft. I was just hoping for Landry lol
  10. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,146
    A lot of teams play younger players over veterans around the end of the season. I don't view that as testament to Wilson's play it was a team getting ready to move on. Wilson had 100 tackles last season and played decent coverage.

He may not be a long term answer but he would be the perfect guy to come in for a year or two and mentor a young safety as an eventual successor. Wilson also would give our defense much need leadership and would probably get Michael Griffin playing again.