George Wilson impressed with Titans visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 15, 2013.

1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Nobody will break the bank for him, so I hope we only offered him something small. I really don't want another below average safety on our starting defense.
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

If WIlson takes Babs spot at Babs pay rate and is a better option (he is) then it make sense and he is one of the few over 30 guy I'd conider simply because thet SS spot stinks so bad and we have zero depth.
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Superbowl!!! :sarcasm:
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Danimal

Danimal Starter

The more I hear about Wilson the more I wish we could just lock him up now. Pro FootballFocus has him rated as the second best safety in free agency. He is the kind of enforcer we have been lacking and his leadership will set the tone. Pay the man . . . .
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we get Wilson then we won't have a below average safety...
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

agree to disagree...he wouldn't have lost half of his snaps to a guy named Searcy playing for Buffalo if he wasn't below average...
  8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Correction. Wilson didn't start losing playing time until mid season after a neck injury than they went into rotation. Any team would do that if a younger player played decent.
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Well, atleast if we get him we have an upgrade(hopefully a cheap one). This will buy us time to groom up the rookie we draft. I was just hoping for Landry lol
  10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A lot of teams play younger players over veterans around the end of the season. I don't view that as testament to Wilson's play it was a team getting ready to move on. Wilson had 100 tackles last season and played decent coverage.

He may not be a long term answer but he would be the perfect guy to come in for a year or two and mentor a young safety as an eventual successor. Wilson also would give our defense much need leadership and would probably get Michael Griffin playing again.