Ginn Jr. VS Jamal Anderson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 19, 2007.

?
  1. Ginn Jr's explosivness helps Vince get to that next level!

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Anderson's motor leads a defensive revival!

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  3. To hell we these guys! We need...

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw, you do realize he never caught more than 60 passes
    and only scored 15 TD's in 3 years

by comparison:
    Dwayne Jarrett caught 91 balls in '05
    1274 yards receiving
    and has 41 TD's in 3 years

DJ is a much better prospect (on paper) and he's not higly recommended
    so where would that leave GInn ?

believe when I say, you are a minority when it comes to taking Ginn
    Meachum is (imo) a MUCH better prospect for receiver and I really don't want him either ... and I'm a Vols fan

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Considered for MVP? Lol. What dream world do you live in man?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ perhaps he means "Special Teams Player of the Week" - which btw, does not warrant the #19 overall

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

furthermore,

the whole "WE NEED A WR" campaign is OVERRATED

yes, it's true that we need to have guys that can run proper routes and timing patterns, and more importantly guys that can catch; but in this "spread the ball" approach , we don't need to overlook a more pressing need in Defense for a guy that can return a kick and maybe get you some sparkle on 3rd and Long

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Dante Hall was considerd for the MVP....

In around Week 9 or so when he was kickin arse

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd be ok if we took Ginn, but he isn't my choice. I think people here and everywhere else forget that Ohio State was supposed to win the championship easily. So easily many of us didn't watch. And we saw why they didn't. It was ONE player. Once he was hurt, that game was over.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Rex Grossman was considered for MVP in week 5.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't think you understand the difference between some sportscaster on ESPN mentioning someone's name for MVP to get a rise from an audience and the voters actually giving consideration. A purely special teams player will never win MVP.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Hold on....if no one watched, how were they able to see anything about the game? :ha:

No, Ted Ginn wouldn't have made that much of a difference. They lost because they were outmatched by a SEC powerhouse. Ohio State was overhyped and Florida was underated. I was one of the few people who predicted Florida to win (by 10), and they won by 27. You can't tell me Ted Ginn would make a 27-point difference. :rolleyes:

They would've had to have Vince Young to win that game. :)

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

wplatham is correct. Obviously Ginn was a good college player and Ohio State was hurt by losing him, but you can't use a pre-game prediction as gospel. That's just dumb. I feel a Herm Edwards "that's why they play the game" speech coming on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar