Give It All Up For #10

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i suppose McNairs MVP is irrelivant?

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

He shouldn't have been " Co " mvp... he basically didn't even play half the season. Manning was clearly the MVP that year.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Young developed into as good of a QB as McNair that wouldn't be a bad thing but no way is he worth moving up in the draft this year. Leinhart and Cutler could be as good in the pros and at #3 all we have to do is pick the best player the other two don't pick and we are assured of getting a quality QB or Bush. With Young's performance it isn't as cut and dried as I thought that Houston will take Bush. They could go for Young which means Leinhart will get picked by the Saints. We would get to draft Bush. Even if Houston picks Bush we still get our choice of whatever QBs the Saints don't pick. With the draft stacked at QB there is simply no reason to throw picks away when we are already at #3.
    By the way, Cutler will be in the mix come draft time. He has a better arm than Leinhart and is more mobile. He also has an IQ of about 145.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You're REALLY reaching with this post on the portion on Mac. Living off a rep from '99? Riiight. Because his best years just happened to be in 2001-2003. And if you don't think Mac was deserving of his Co-MVP status, then you must have forgotten how vital he was to that team; I mean "carry that offense on your shoulders" vital. So that throws that BS out the window.

You seem to be riding hard for Jay Cutler. Let me tell you; I will be shocked if he's taken before Young (if he declares) or Leinhart, even with an outstanding combine. A Vandy QB? I like Cutler, and would happy to take him in the second, but no WAY I'd take him with the 3rd. I see him realistically in the middle in the first, and maybe reaches as far as the very early first 2nd round. You're reaching hard playboy.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ exactly.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well said. No need to be pushy. Gold falls into our lap either way you look at it. (bad metaphor)

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not to pick on you, TP, but you sound like Young is cheating. It's cracking me up.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The other virtue I think of drafting Young will be bringing out the best of whatever Steve has left in his own game. McNair will want to pass on all his skills to Young, moreso than another QB. He'd treat Leinart or Cutler just fine, but he's got a lot emotionally invested in Young. He's like his little brother.

9. pacmanplayer

pacmanplayer Da Real PacMan

At least spell it right

At least spell it right in your signature... its Leinhart.... thats like someone saying Steve MacNair.... haha :)... I just hope we get one of them.... We will prolly end of trading down to get this awesome 2 punter.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

its Leinart, no 'h'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar