GM Webster Ready To Get Titans Back On Top

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan

Stan Infinite

We would have been just as aggressive as this year if it weren't for Peyton. Bud really messed things up last year.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Hindsight is 20/20. I suppose we could have ended up with Mario Williams... In hindsight, I'm glad that didn't happen. Still a lot of guys we missed out on. All that talk last offseason about centers...

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh yeah what an idiot old fart going after a future HoF superbowl winning QB that is arguably the best at his position that he wanted to keep as an executive after his playing days were over. The guy who would've changed the East TN population into a Titans fanbase to increase revenue over the long term.

What a moron!

:sarcasm:

4. Alex1939

This is the one part of his comments I do not like.

The game isn't about running as much as it used to be. It's more a passing game than ever and I think that's really the direction to build.

Of course that is largely dependent on getting a true elite QB which is a lot easier said then done.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Webster has been THE MAN this off-season. Love this guy, hope he stays on as GM for a long time.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Let's keep things even. He's also a Superbowl losing QB. Chucked a pick six to our boy Williams's defense to seal the deal.

:troll:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So going after both my guys, Ben Grubbs and Mario Williams, wouldn't have been out of the question? Maybe we could have resigned Finne too?

Oh yeah I also wanted Robert Meachem.... kind of glad we didn't overpay for him...

Oh well, life goes on...

8. Alex1939

No doubt. He chokes in big games it's no secret.

But I can't rationalize how people thinking going after Manning was some terrible front office/ownership decision.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The reason I think it would have been a bad move is because of the team around him. With Manning, you had to have a decent team (especially a defense when it came to the playoffs) Although we almost squeezed into the playoff the year before we were still several years away.

Last season the Broncos/Manning had a top defense. (top 5 I believe) and Manning still choked it up in the end.

Now if Manning were 5 years younger, then I would have loved the move. We would have had more years to build a more solid team. However considering that Manning can get you to the playoffs most years, but chokes in the playoffs...... I did not see it as a good move.

Manning may have gotten us to the playoffs, but he would not have won us a super bowl. If we would have even been in contention for being a super bowl contender, I would have been on the PM bandwagon in a heartbeat.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Lockerkknocker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar