Got a copy of Madden right now

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TNT1tan, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I actually enjoy these close games, but my stats look horrible, im 4-2, 2nd to last in passing yds and total offense, lol. I love Franchise mode

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I got 3 FG holds in a row and then the next game I got 2 in a row.
    It's annoying but the only issue I have with it.

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I'm undefeated at 10-0 right now in my franchise. Been playing on All-Pro.

I'm 1st in points forced and allowed, and lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns with 21. Kerry Collins has thrown 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

It's funny, because I was watching the Weekly Recap show, and they said Tom Brady leads the NFL with 25 touchdown passes, I looked at my stats and had 21 touchdown passes. I then vowed to throw 5 touchdown passes against Houston on Monday night, and I did, throwing 5 touchdowns to 5 different receivers.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8523864

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hints from me:

Put Chris Johnson as a QB, and make sure the defense is in Man coverage, send all your receivers away, and you'll have 25 ypc's easy. I kill on franchise on All-Madden. like 56-14 killing. Also, I discovered tonight that if you make CJ a QB for one game, assign him as a QB in any formation during a game (during the play selection screen), then move him back to RB after the game, he will remain a QB in that formation until you put someone else in. So if you have one formation you want to use CJ as a QB, do that. This is awesome on goal-line formation, but it works really well for spread stuff.
    I haven't tried it online, i doubt they would let you do that there, but it's fun to do on franchise mode.

you're welcome.

Also if you have troubles with the passing game: run a tight set- like the Pats PB has a million of them. I use the singleback version with 2 tight slots on each side, It's easy to decipher man from zone in this formation. If it's zone, they'll usually line up outside of your WRs, if it's man, they'll line up head up on them. Occasionally they'll get tricky, but 80% of the time you'll get it right.

If it's man, send CJ on a slant outside by himself, send the other recievers away. CJ is covered by a linebacker, most likely, and he will beat them for a big gain.

Also, put Jared Cook as the slot on the right side (he's also a very good reciever) and motion him in to block when you run dive plays.

Just some pointers. There's my mini strategy guide.

Give up the Hi-fives. I'm spilling my guts here.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

IT's boring if you keep smashing teams.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

While the game is more polished looking and a little smoother, I'm pretty disappointed. As others have said, if you've played Madden in prior years, it's starting to get very stale.

I also find the halftime show annoying. And while bringing out the chains is realistic, it's stupid and time consuming in the game. I did notice fantasy draft is better.

If anyone starts an online franchise for goTitans members, in ps3, i'd sign up.

Edit: Oh and the extra's you can pay for online.. that irks me to the extreme. I just hate seeing the game go that way.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I played a few games this weekend and started off terrible. I usually hate Madden for the first day I have it, but then love it. So now I'm into it like I am 12 again, and am back on track beating the crap out of teams. First preseason game of my franchise I won 51-3, then won the second game 38-7, and don't remember the other score (it was close though). So I'll say this much: sure beats the 2009 Madden, however I never know how many timeouts I have left.

8. nickmsmith

It tells you right under the score. There are little blue lines right at the bottom of the box.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea, good man, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those lines.

10. nickmsmith

They really should make them bigger. When I play at work, there's no HD, and you can barely see them.:grrhee:

The game itself is awesome. I don't like that on 1/2 of the passing plays, they get hit and the ball flies out all crazy. It happens a lot in the NFL, but not that much. I like how they added bad snaps, and I love the new DL rushing system using the joystick thing. That is so much more realistic than having a power and finesse move button. Also, I like that the O line actually makes a pocket, eliminating the running out sideways and lobbing it up.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar