goTitans.com tailgate t-shirts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've been dragging my feet on this but am ready to open shop so we can get these printed and ready for the regular season.

Here's the design:

[​IMG]

The breakdown is this:

Short sleeves - S, M, L, XL $15 (add $2 for XXL)
    Long sleeves - S, M, L, XL $20 (add $2 for XXL)

This will be printed three color on the back of a white shirt. No imprint on the front. This cost INCLUDES shipping within the US. For anywhere else, visit http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mode=Intl_Single&CID=10142 and do the calculations, deduct $4 and that should be close. I'll need international folks to email me so we can work out shipping.

To order, go here.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice job TJ.

GoTitans overseas human mascots are 4-0 in the last two seasons.:wink2:

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like it. '.com' could've been kerned a bit, but it's still nice.

4. TitanJeff

You mean "tracking". "Kerning" is about maintaining a consistent visual space between characters. I tracked it open on purpose. The kerning is dead on.

;)

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6 - 0 last 3 years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

8 - 0 last three years :wink2:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:what: yeah, you dumb-@$$!!! lol :lol:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hmmm...

Kerning:
    In variable width fonts, different pairs of characters are spaced differently. The font metric files store information regarding spacing between ...
    tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/glossary.html

Adjusting the space between characters.

In typesetting, subtracting space between two characters, making them closer together.

an adjustment of the normal space between certain combinations of characters, to eliminate excess space.

the adjustment of spacing between certain letter pairs to obtain a more pleasing appearance.

The process of changing the standard character spacing to make the more pleasing. An example would be to reduce the gaps between VAW.

The act of moving printed or mounted letters further apart or closer together in order to achieve a desired effect. (See also letter spacing, tracking and justified.)

The spacing between the letters of a word.

Moving pairs of letters either closer together or farther apart to adjust and improve the space between them.

The process of changing the horizontal dimension of a type character, or the white space around the character to achieve a visual effect. Other Term: mortise. See also: spacing; word spacing.

the spacing between letters in a typeface. Too-close kerning can result in confusion, as when "clear" is mistaken for "dear," or "kerning" for "keming."

and lastly...

[​IMG]

schooooooool's out for SUMMA'!:wink2:

9. TitanJeff

Nothing you quoted here says kerning is making type closer as you implied. A word which is tracked open can still be kerned well as long as the space between each character is visually consistent.

If you look up "tracking" you'll see it imply opening or closing space over entire words, a headline or columns of text. Most designers track their display text then kern between individual characters.

You will find many who confuse the two. No biggie. But instead of debating the difference between "tracking" and "kerning", I'd prefer you download the design, pop it into Photoshop, and show us how it should be.

10. TitanJeff

BTW, this t-shirt is available for anyone. You don't have to attend our tailgates to get one.

We gotta get about 50 orders in before we can start production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar