Greg Roman for HC...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

One common thread with the 49ers and Seahawks is that they have solid running games.

The 49ers have done a great job of drafting. They got their defensive leader in Willis and then went and drafted OL.

Addressing the interior OL has got to be job #1 by the FO. I think it was the front office ineptitude that is just as accountable as Munch and his crew.

Kendell Wright is going to be a solid player, but slot receiver is just not going to be your team leader even in his position group.

We could have gotten a new leader for the OL or a new leader on defense with that pick.
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

OL & DL.. besides QB the most important positions in football. And our three weakest spots (besides safety)
  3. KingofdaHill

KingofdaHill Camp Fodder

thats an interesting choice. i think mike zimmer, DC for cincinnati would be a good option as well
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Interesting candidate
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

With Roman, who is going to be our battering ram RB to control the clock and ground game? Surely you can't say CJ could fill that role.
  6. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

Is Brandon Jacobs healthy? He will be looking for work and should come cheap. Just a thought.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think that offense needs a particular type of back just a good one. Gore is not 240 lbs. If we improve the o-line that should be enough. A guy like Cedric Benson could help.

I thought the 49ers changing Qbs was a mistake that could hurt them in the playoffs. Alex Smith had the 2nd highest passing rating in the league and to lose his job just because he got a concussion which is wrong in my opinion. How do you bench a QB who had done nothing but play well for you?
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dom Capers and Jim Harbaugh would be the 2 greatest coaching influences on Greg roman. He worked for Capers twice at Carolina and Houston and of course for Harbaugh the last 4 years.

He may want to switch to a 3-4 defense.

To quote Barry Corbin in war games "I would be willing to piss on a spark plug if it might help".
  9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I actually really like the idea. I would like to bring in a big time DC to coach with him if we do though (Rex Ryan).
  10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Guys I just don't see Munch getting canned.